ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noise when cornering

Clio 182
Right I had a quick search and couldn't seem to find anything

was driving my 182 today no problems then I picked my mate up next minuet I'm getting a sort of squeal when cornering seems to be coming from front left I think (still makes noise even when it's just me in the car now)
it only seems to do it going round tighter corners (roundabouts ect) it almost sounds like tyre squeal but I don't have to be going overly fast for it to make noise
It dosnt sound like a belt squeal tho
It doesn't feel like its skipping at all or under steering
It's a 182 it's on ktr coilovers and its got toyo t1-r's all round

any ideas at all?
​Any help would be appreciated

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Well mate this is interesting... I have the same thing (only on tight corners etc.) and I'm also on K-Tec coilovers, and it's only been happening since I've had them on. I've been in contact with K-Tec and they reckon there's no chance it's the coilovers. I'm not convinced, they said to get new bushes on there.

SQ5
It's probably on the bumper brackets, because the suspension is so s**t and so crashy that there is more travel than there should be

Clio 182
I have had my coilovers on a few months now and not had any problems till now I don't think it's the bumper brackets but I will check again
My coilovers were causing it to scrape when I first fitted them but I had a fiddle round with things and has no problems since (till now lol)

Clio 182
Just been out again in it now and it only dose it when turning left ! Lol
how on the very outside edge of the tyre there dose seem to be some sign if wearing slightly and also a very fine line engraved in the tyre
​possible running on wing? Or bumper?

Clio 182
[video]http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii627/bennj/9D330B27-0790-4E09-A791-9AA9E81A0D84-4098-000002F042236D40_zps146c035f.mp4[/video]

video of the noise

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
That link isn't working for me, just a blank page. I'll try to get a recording of mine too... it only happens for me when turning left as well!

PH2 RS172
cant see then vid... but i had a problem with mine when i fitted my vmaxx coilovers. thought it was the wheel catching the body at first but it turned out that the problem was too much camber was dialled in and the driveshafts were taking a hammering when turning to a certain point. in a straight line it was fine but turn the wheel to a certain point and it sounded awful and felt terrible through the steering wheel aswell. dialled the wheel with opp camber and it was sorted.

edit... just got the vid working... didnt sound like that but worth checking anyway :-/

Last edited: