ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noise that sounds like a flat spot on tyre but...

Track 172 Cup
I've developed a noise on the cup which sounds like a flat spot on a tyre (had 2 different sets of wheels and tyres on to check) while turning, it is worse when going round a right hand bend and quite loud, still get it going left but not as bad. Don't get the noise in a straight line or under braking and it doesn't go away mid corner under braking although I haven't been hard on the brakes mid corner for obvious reasons. Mostly get the noise on track and it's just started now at road speeds thought it was a tyre rubbing issue but dont think it is now as there are no marks in tyre or in wheel arch. Top mounts a new PMS ones all tight and can't find anything loose. I've been really busy lately and can't get over to @bloke to have a look at it for me.

Track 172 Cup

Doesn't feel like any play in the wheel when jacked off the floor so not sure mate. I thought it was driveshaft myself but I'll have too try and get over to you so you can throw your expert eyes and ears over it.

Track 172 Cup
@bloke I'm hopefully going to get chance to call over next week either Monday/Tuesday as my mum is out of the hospital now so have my days off back to myself and not working in my parents shop, Is it worth having drive shafts as spares just incase not sure how long they last and after seeing a thread on here I found the shaftec ones on ebay (if you search R209L or R209AR on ebay they come up at £38 and £42) which seems a fairly good price unless you know where they can be had or if better quality one's for track work. Does it take long to do a wheel bearing if it turns out to be that?.

dan's cast offs.
buzz over and we'll have a mooch and take it from there. don't worry about shafts, i can get gkn joints at a half decent price.