ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***NO VIN PLATE*** helppp

3 Series touring
Hi guys, just been giving the clio a pre-MOT checkover...and i have no VIN sticker on the inside of the door (and hasn't since ive had it)

took if to renault and they had a look all round and cant find the VIN or engine number :dapprove:

the car is in a pretty good condition though..hasnt been dodgy or anything..

what do i do ? can i send off for a new one?

Cheers
Ben

Titanium Clio 182
Hi guys, just been giving the clio a pre-MOT checkover...and i have no VIN sticker on the inside of the door (and hasn't since ive had it)

took if to renault and they had a look all round and cant find the VIN or engine number :dapprove:

the car is in a pretty good condition though..hasnt been dodgy or anything..

what do i do ? can i send off for a new one?

Cheers
Ben

yep, you can get a new one.
process through the dealers i believe, they fill in a form n send it to Renault.
might cost about 30 quid though.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
The dealership will have to fill out a VIN request form, Get it signed off by the Local police and send it to Renault.

3 Series touring
what about the V5 mate, the chassis number form next to the windscreen matches, so im not too worried about it being a dodgy car

172Cup, Golf Gti 1.8T
It won't fail an MOT just because of a missing VIN plate if that's your worry.

As long as the chassis number is visible, it doesn't matter.

The car has surely had a smash though because why would anyone remove it otherwise?

Evo 8 MR
Perhaps it has become damaged somehow and has just come away?

Mine has a nice pretty tear through it (courtesy of previous owners) and a piece dangling around so I pulled it off but the rest of the sticker is there, I think some people are just so damn careless with their cars.

www.renparts.co.uk
if they have been painted then they cant be restuck again, and if its had an accident the dash top might still have the vin on from a donor car if the dash top has been replaced as it rips open if the airbags go off.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
The sticker in the door is around £100 to do by the way.

I used to carry my old one in the glovebox :)

Photo1-89c.jpg

good times.

Fabia vRS
Sorry to restart this rather old thread...

Same here to report aswell. I have an 02 plate silver 172 ph2 and the VIN sticker is missing from the door pillar. The VIN number is printed on a tab on the dashboard and it matches the the number on the V5 document. I also did a HPI check on the car when I bought it and it all came up clear so I doubt it has been involved in serious accident or resprayed at any point. It is bizzare however that some cars seem to be missing these stickers. Maybe they're just prone to peeling off???

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's possibly had a quarter panel mate that's all.

Contact tag plates or Renault for a new one.

Fabia vRS
Excuse my ignorance, what's a quarter panel? Do you mean it's had a bit of the bodywork replaced at some point due to a crash or something?

It's possibly had a quarter panel mate that's all.

Contact tag plates or Renault for a new one.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, where your glass is at the back seats, that panel.

Fabia vRS
Ah, got ya. Cheers mate. Just out of general interest though, would that fact not show up on a HPI check if the previous owner had claimed on his/her insurance for the damaged panel?

Yes, where your glass is at the back seats, that panel.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No I think it only shows up if it's a write off not if it's been damaged.

It's no big deal if it has.