ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No power to washer pump

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi all, I just fitted a new washer pump but I have no power reaching the pump. Any ideas on what to do next to fix it ?

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I'm really stuck where to begin. I tested the power to the plug by disconnecting it and using my test light between the terminals on the plug whilst the gf pulled the stalk back. The wipers go but there is nothing to the plug. Any ideas on where I can check?

PH2 172
I'm really stuck where to begin. I tested the power to the plug by disconnecting it and using my test light between the terminals on the plug whilst the gf pulled the stalk back. The wipers go but there is nothing to the plug. Any ideas on where I can check?
Is this a 172 Cup with a single pump?

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi Steve, no its a 172 standard, I have 2 pumps. I believe the one on the left is the windscreen/rear washer pump. I have tested for power to the plug but nothing. Thinking about it, didn't test the live with a known earth so I'm going to try a wire directly to the battery earth and see.

PH2 172
  PH2 172
There is no permanent 12v feed to the pump, as the polarity is reversed depending on front or rear screen wash requirement.
This shoots the integral piston of the pump to block off the outlet that is not required.
WASHER PUMP PISTON.jpg

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Ah ok, cheers Steve, I took the washer bottle out and I have swapped the pumps over. Just putting it back together again. At least I'll have windscreen washers. I'll change the other one later on.

PH2 172
Ah ok, cheers Steve, I took the washer bottle out and I have swapped the pumps over. Just putting it back together again. At least I'll have windscreen washers. I'll change the other one later on.
OK.
Make sure to locate the wiper motor assembly on the peg on the bulkhead as per the link I sent.
The headlight pump also runs backwards & forwards washing one light at a time, but only when the headlights are on, and the polarity is controlled by the UCH incredibly.

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Brilliant, cheers Steve, my washer bottle leaks where the rubber grommet goes. It's split the tank so I've used some ct1. Great advice about the peg btw. I would never have noticed.

PH2 172
Brilliant, cheers Steve, my washer bottle leaks where the rubber grommet goes. It's split the tank so I've used some ct1. Great advice about the peg btw. I would never have noticed.

I stuck a washer to mine with no more nails (other brands are available)

Attachments

• WASHER BOTTLE SPLIT 2016-12-22 11.12.30.jpg
    WASHER BOTTLE SPLIT 2016-12-22 11.12.30.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • WASHER BOTTLE BODGE REPAIR 2016-12-22 11.13.58.jpg
    WASHER BOTTLE BODGE REPAIR 2016-12-22 11.13.58.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 63