ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No decent Clio threads on here lately?

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
I'd love to put a 175 megane engine in my clio. Doubt it would fit though/I dont have anywhere near enough money

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
as soon as i source a garage/move out of home I am going to start up an awesome project of some sort!

Don't forget there's the geezer sticking a f4r into a mk1 twingo

Thats an epic build tbh!

Have to agree there was quite a few epci builds going on last year. Ph-reebone, Burp, Beaniemoo, foxy, whitely, Bazzon/Barron, but there hasnt been really anything new cropping up on the clio front.

I've been following r1xph supercharged BMW build, obviouisly the Twingo, but there doesnt seem to be much else, and most projects, including my E34, are slow moving. Maybe thats just a sign of everyone being skint?

Megane 225 F1
Richs supercharged BMW is awsome.Just want it finished so I can have a ride lol. I'm half tempted to try something myself, just not sure what tbh.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
There is a very good build thread coming soon ( or I think he's doing one ).

A member on here has bought Chris' (480bhp.com) Trophy and is doing something pretty awesome with it.

;)

Cro

Meg'd r27
There probably could have been more threads if people could be bothered to keep them updated.

Im sure very few look forward to mine but i'm going to keep it updated for 2010.... 5 doors or not!

Foxys has the drama, like an episode of eastenders or something. You never know whats going to go wrong next :rasp:

Barron/Bazzons has the track **** element all of us want in our cars and some awesome ideas

Hutchie has the complete mental ideas and epic DIY'ing which I love looking forward to

Ph-reebone has the stuff happening to his that we all wish we could afford to do/ pay for

330i. E30 Touring.
I miss BenP's build threads, tbh.

Followed quickly after by his for sale threads, lol.

its all about money my end, i dont exactly enjoy having no money to spend on the car...

christ i cant even afford my subscription renewal

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I think the problem is this forum is increasingly populated by accountant enthusiasts who forget that it's a hobby and hobbys are what you spend your recreational money on. Anyone who does something simply for the love is told they're wrong and wasting thier money, almost exclusively by loud mouths that never have and never will do anything fun

This is so true, I haven't been on here that long, 1 year I believe, but I noticed very quickly that if you spend a lot of money on something different or extreme, especially something different, then people slate you!

I admit that im not perfect but if someone has tried something different and they like it praise them for being different, don't tell them they are fools. Constructive criticism is fine.

I remember one thread about someone talking bout fitting a sc and he just got a fair bit of s**t, luckily he did it and his car goes like hell and looks amazing!

Tbh if I did something that cost a lot of money to my car I could think twice about starting a project thread, because I know I would get s**t for it! Having said that when I start my job and buy a second car :evil:

Megane 225 F1
Completly agree with you. But i also think that when someone does something new that people slate them for straight away, a few months down the line everyone loves it and copy them. (Doesnt always happen but sometimes).

Its your car at the end of the day and your money. You only live once. Never let people stop you from doing what you want to do just because your scared of having it slated. At the end of the day you are never going to meet alot of the people on here so just ignore them.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Completly agree with you. But i also think that when someone does something new that people slate them for straight away, a few months down the line everyone loves it and copy them. (Doesnt always happen but sometimes).

Its your car at the end of the day and your money. You only live once. Never let people stop you from doing what you want to do just because your scared of having it slated. At the end of the day you are never going to meet alot of the people on here so just ignore them.

I guess so, I'm not usually to bothered bout what other people think, but I think the point of the forum is so like minded people can talk about stuff etc... it just annoys me when you get all the haters.

1.4 phase 1
well me and mates sleeper project will be up within a couple of months, valver power in a 1.2 then williams power will be just around the corner.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
as soon as i source a garage/move out of home I am going to start up an awesome project of some sort!

This is my plan....just bought a house with a huge double garage/workshop. Will be buying a little MX-5 to drive around in for the summer....and in the mean-time strip/bucket/play with/fully service/re bush and revamp the suspension (98.5k car) on the Cup.

Tempted to do look at forced induction too, and having Northants Motorsport less than 100m from my house will help with getting it all finished off etc.....

Oh and I plan to take off the last of the stickers too in the next couple of weeks when I get a chance, for all those interested lol :rasp:

Iceberg 172
I think the fact people are struggling to get loans will have an affect on how many projects happen... Loads of my mates took out loans back in the day to mod their cars... It's a mugs game.

In my eyes keeping it simple / reversable or desireable means you won't lose much money. Being unique and only appealling to a very small audience means you'll lose ££££'s. Which I won't do!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
There are some really good projects on the forum you just have to look really hard to find them, due to the amount of "NON projects" in the projects section (IE ive painted my bullets and badges threads)

Our Project has been slow the last few month due to one thing or another but its full steam ahead for carl now till the 31st May, then sometime soon (hopefully) we will get the new engine back. Which is a pretty unique spec, so should be interesting to see.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I think the fact people are struggling to get loans will have an affect on how many projects happen... Loads of my mates took out loans back in the day to mod their cars... It's a mugs game.

In my eyes keeping it simple / reversable or desireable means you won't lose much money. Being unique and only appealling to a very small audience means you'll lose ££££'s. Which I won't do!

Yeah, I completely understand your argument, but then is it really a project? I'm not saying that the lightly modded cars look s**t or are rubbish, I think some of them look amazing, but are they really proper projects?

Think what Bazzon said rings true, there are a lot of non-project threads in the project section!

Iceberg 172
TBH 9/10 "projects" on every forum are more "my modding diary". The serious projects are far and few between on every forum.

I've never actually done a proper project and until I have ££££'s to lose then I won't.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I'm not sure you understand car modifying then. I don't do it so get themoney back, I do it because its my hobby. My Dad andmost of my matesspend £000's a year on golf. I spend mine on my car!

If you're doing it for financial reward, then your hearts not in it imo.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There are some really good projects on the forum you just have to look really hard to find them, due to the amount of "NON projects" in the projects section (IE ive painted my bullets and badges threads)

The very reason I no longer visit the section. Its awash with bilge. I don't care that you've painted your bullets and fitted silvervisions and a skoda splitter, fcuk off out of the project section!!

ITB'd MK1

i think this underlines my point perfectly

Can i have my cookie now?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
The very reason I no longer visit the section. Its awash with bilge. I don't care that you've painted your bullets and fitted silvervisions and a skoda splitter, fcuk off out of the project section!!

agreed ive probably missed a few decent projects, but i only really read the ones i know are proper builds, such as Burps/Foxys (and ofc when carl does work on our car that i dont see.)

Megane 225 F1
Maybe a new section should be added. There should be projects for the big daddy projects and then a diary section where people can have a diary of what they do to their car like Daniel says
painted your bullets and fitted silvervisions and a skoda splitter,

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yes I know but (Don't take this personally) its just a clio with a supercharger. Theres a few now. If I'm honest thats why I never bothered with a project thread on mine as its just a Valver with an F4r. Jords and Chris have covered that more than enough! People who see it at work think its awesome but on here it just blends in.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that there are no balls out no compromise builds anymore.

Give me 10k and ill build whatever u want!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Agreed with the previous posts. People think there car is a project when they change the alloys, add some silvervisions, paint an inlet and maybe change the suspension. This is NOT a project.

A project is about doing something unique, changing many different parts, a story (f0xys thread). Serious work.

Saying that there are some good projects still going on:

f0xy
Whiteley
Beaniemoo
Burpspeed
Ben_Stevo172 ( until hes sold it)
Andrew Cooke (twingo 172)
Floodie (clio TT)
Cro-Clio (5dr ITB)
geesus69
stevo172-RWD
DannyR
Hutchie
ph-reebone
D4ve
RStuning (SC Clio)

Going to blow my own trumpet a bit here though, i am trying to update my thread as much as possible to keep people updated. There has been approx £5000 spent on an engine, £700 on a cage, £600 on a dash, £800 on suspension and many more ££££'s spent. Not only money spent but also plenty of custom bits, such as cage and plenty of fabricating. I would say that its a high expense, high love and high labour project. (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=364943&page=30)

Carl

Last edited:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
My project thread was simply a diary, I even labelled it as that. I simply cannot afford to do something awesome with my car. Plus the fact its spanking new. (well, a year old now but you get the idea)

When I get my next car (which won't be a clio) there will be a ghetto project thread on it in general automotive media, thats for sure.

I miss that trophy that was having some epic work done to it. Stripped back to bare, sandblasted etc. WIN! Shame it all went wrong for the guy. Hope to see a project thread from the new owner tbh!

Dan you couldn't have put it better. Modifying is a hobby, not a job. It's never about the money. Ever.

(that build-threads website is going to consume my life tbh...)