ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No Brake lights

Renault Clio
Hi
Can anyone help please, I have a 2003 Clio. I have no brake lights. After reading a few forums it looked like it was the switch under the pedal. unfortunately after replacing it there are still no lights. What else could it be? TIA

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
I'm guessing you've already checked the fuses? Check the wiring loom that runs through to the tailgate for any broken wires/wires earthing out that shouldn't.
When you press on the brake pedal, do you get any lights on the dash illuminate that shouldn't? If so, this would suggest a bad earth.

Renault Clio
I'm guessing you've already checked the fuses? Check the wiring loom that runs through to the tailgate for any broken wires/wires earthing out that shouldn't.
When you press on the brake pedal, do you get any lights on the dash illuminate that shouldn't? If so, this would suggest a bad earth.
Hi, no there are no lights on dash illuminate, not checked fuses, I will do that now and let you know, thanks for the reply much appreciated

Renault Clio
Problem solved, would you believe all three bulbs had blown this totally baffled my partner for all 3 to go at the same time, I know nothing about cars but weird that all 3 should go at once. Would there be a cause for this. He is the car expert but is just glad that I can use the car again, I am still a little concerned incase there is an underlying problem. Thanks again for your help