ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No brake lights

RB Clio 182
Can anyone help please, ive changed the sidelights today, then ive checked all other lights and noticed that all three brake lights dont work, they were sort of playing up as i was testing them, sometimes working sometimes not, then sticking on and then they stopped completely.

When i press the brake pedal i can hear a rely clicking coming from the offside rear of the car.

My abs light has popped up too so im unsure if this is related, although my brakes are low.

Anyone know which fuses to check etc, cheers.

RB Clio 182
No mate its all in, its weird, the brake lights are on when im not pressing the pedal and go off when i press it lol, new switch? The bot that springs in and out?

How am i going to drive to work in 15 mins?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Like the whole thing has reversed? That's weird as f**k.
Pull the wiring out and then the lights will be on all the time. Better that than none at all imo. Flash the rear fog to get folks attention that you're stopping.

RB Clio 182
Like the whole thing has reversed? That's weird as f**k.
Pull the wiring out and then the lights will be on all the time. Better that than none at all imo. Flash the rear fog to get folks attention that you're stopping.
I used the zafira mate, its the switch the springy bit is fucked mate, i braked hard earlier today when someone was doing 90 round a roundabout thats when the abs light popped up so im guessing thats when the switch boke, the abs light has gone off now. Ill get a switch tmw if possible.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
My guess is Andy probably re wired the lights into the stereo when he was fitting the boost gauge.

THIS could very possibly be true ! He would of done it proper like with tape instead of soldered joints rubbish :smile:

PH2 172
model-t-controls_small.jpg
Brake pedal is the middle one Tom, not the one on the left.
No. he`s got a T.