ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nice liquid yellow 197 f1

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Track 172 Cup
Tempted lol I want a run about if my BMW is sold on Saturday and have been impressed with my 52 plate 172 cup track car I would consider one of these love the colour.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Track 172 Cup
@MasonR27 is this your car? I'm in two minds as to buy myself a 197 just trying to get one to test drive local as I'm 4 and a half hours from you lol. How bad does the notch on the gearbox feel?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  LY 197 R27
@MasonR27 is this your car? I'm in two minds as to buy myself a 197 just trying to get one to test drive local as I'm 4 and a half hours from you lol. How bad does the notch on the gearbox feel?
Yeah this is mine mate. That might be a good Idea I normally do that when buying a car road test one local to see if i like them. It would be worth the drive mate its a stunning car.

The 4th gear has been like that since I brought it 2 and a half years ago and not worsened and not worried me mate.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Track 172 Cup
could be selling on behalf of a friend lol I pretty much knew it was his but did just ask to be certain and tag him in it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Track 172 Cup
Thanks @MasonR27 guess I'm going to have some thinking to do and search for a test drive and see if i like it. Would you do any Clio Sport members discount? :wink: lol (had to ask) PM me if you don't wanna discus price in here. I'm assuming I could test drive any 197 and there wouldn't be much/any difference in driving to this bar the seats. (suspension is all the same i assume? this doesn't have like cup chassis or suspension) What exhaust did you have on it and have any videos or anything? (i know its not on the car was just interested to hear it) Was it ok on Track seen the pics of you on a track day and was just making sure it wasn't thrashed from cold and stuff..

Cheers:up:

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks @MasonR27 guess I'm going to have some thinking to do and search for a test drive and see if i like it. Would you do any Clio Sport members discount? :wink: lol (had to ask) PM me if you don't wanna discus price in here. I'm assuming I could test drive any 197 and there wouldn't be much/any difference in driving to this bar the seats. (suspension is all the same i assume? this doesn't have like cup chassis or suspension) What exhaust did you have on it and have any videos or anything? (i know its not on the car was just interested to hear it) Was it ok on Track seen the pics of you on a track day and was just making sure it wasn't thrashed from cold and stuff..

Cheers:up:

If you want you can come have a look round mine.

The r27 has the cup chassis and its rock hard lol!

I'll take you out and maybe give you a go somewhere quiet if you're interested in masons. Tag or pm me if you're interested.

I'm only in Ellesmere Port.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Track 172 Cup
Awesome mate thanks for the offer @Knuckles . What you doing Sunday if that's good for you I can call over meet you :smile: I dont mind the hard setup I have used my track clio on the road a few times and taken it for work to be done and it doesn't bother me plus I only do about 4-5k a year if I'm lucky, probably less now I have a 7 month old and we use my missus car to go everywhere. In my BMW I just sold I did 900 mile since beginning of November until a week ago.

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome mate thanks for the offer @Knuckles . What you doing Sunday if that's good for you I can call over meet you :smile: I dont mind the hard setup I have used my track clio on the road a few times and taken it for work to be done and it doesn't bother me plus I only do about 4-5k a year if I'm lucky, probably less now I have a 7 month old and we use my missus car to go everywhere. In my BMW I just sold I did 900 mile since beginning of November until a week ago.

Replied to your pm mate :)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Track 172 Cup
Just a few more questions @MasonR27 Did you sell the Carbon diffuser that came on the car when you bought it? I assume It's not still on the car but can't tell from the pictures and it's not in the advert? And is there any marks or anything from where you fitted the roll cage and removed it, did everything go back in ok? (carpets/rear seats) Are the belts down in the service book and stamped I seen that you did them yourself at work so just wondering on them. Is the car remapped from having the exhaust/decat on and did you end up re trimming the drivers bolster or repairing it.

Thanks.

Stu

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Track 172 Cup
Just noticed on the advert about the bolster having a hole in don't know why I didn't see it first time round lol.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  LY 197 R27
Sorry I haven't replied yet pal, had someone viewing the car this morning and it's now sold but thanks for your interest