ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nexus 4 ntlworld.com email set up

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I am trying to set my ntlworld.com email up but cant get it to work I have tried

pop.ntlworld.com
port 110
pop3.virginmedia.com
port 995

Anyone set theirs up with an ntl account ?

Cheers

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Pop?

If you're using POP you're doing it wrong.

Use IMAP.

imap.virginmedia.com

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Its working now on IMAP.......but is constantly downloading all my old emails should have bought an iPhone 5 :-(

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Its working now on IMAP.......but is constantly downloading all my old emails should have bought an iPhone 5 :-(

check the settings, you can set to download as far back as you like. I usually have 7 days worth on the phone

On an OT note, how are you finding the Nexus 4. I'm really interested in it as a gap phone until I find something I really want. Coming from having a 3GS and then a 4S , it will be different but I don't want the 5 (Pointless upgrade)

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Came from a 3gs as I wanted a change from apple some of it is very good but the email thing is not helping the love lol

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
If its downloading old emails then it doesn't sound like you've been using pop anyway, pop removes emails from the server as it downloads them.

IMAP keeps the messages on the server but provides sync info, so if you read a message on your phone, then it shows as read on your PC. If you delete a message it gets deleted everywhere.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It should only download the most recent messages anyway, if you scroll down it will download more.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Hopefully all done now as I deleted all the messages on the server, all 6000 :p cheers for the help.