ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Planned Styling Mods

Range Rover, GTC, LP640
Yeah rainbow metal flake house of kolor paint ? Why ?

Can anyone zoom in on the side window and get me the webiste of the hydraulic company thats done the suspension on that car ?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
www.rayvernhydraulics.com did it

They are pretty much the best.

That was the second clio they did, the first was Chals, Chal paid £2700 for hi,s you cna get an FB system for about £1800 off them now. They wont do a FBSS on a clio, but the ywill supply you the bits. Clio-On-19s will probably have the first FBSS Clio in the world, shouldnt be long till thats done neither.

I'm just not a fan of flakes think they look cheap and out of season, just my opinion however, im sure your cliowill look better than mine :)

Range Rover, GTC, LP640
Crazy Clio said:
www.rayvernhydraulics.com did it

They are pretty much the best.

That was the second clio they did, the first was Chals, Chal paid £2700 for hi,s you cna get an FB system for about £1800 off them now. They wont do a FBSS on a clio, but the ywill supply you the bits. Clio-On-19s will probably have the first FBSS Clio in the world, shouldnt be long till thats done neither.

I'm just not a fan of flakes think they look cheap and out of season, just my opinion however, im sure your cliowill look better than mine :)

Whos that CLIO ON 19S ?
Im guessing that FBSS is full movement side to side etc ? I rang Rayvern months ago and they said they wouldnt fit that on mine !
There isnt any room plus the chassis will flex i heard ? All i want it for is to get over speed bumps coz mine is between 3-4 inch from ground ! DOH!

You will like the paint im sure and its not last season theres still cars on the cover of mags with paint like that ! Exhausts uk have painted there Ford F150 the same colour i think ?

Gaz

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
they wont do FBSS, for that very reason, but Clio_on_19s has cut sections out of his car (including the spare wheel well) to strenghtne it to hopefully combat chassis twist.

They will fit an FB system tho.

Range Rover, GTC, LP640
Whos this clioon19s guy ? Is he on here ? I was thinking of cutting the spare holder out aswell and welding it up when i got my first custom exhaust done but decided against it !

Dont know why you want to go side to side anyway, its not an american muscle car or chevy is it !

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
cause it will be the first clio in world with it.

he aint on here i dont think, from what i hear, its going to wipe the floor with anything else and be the best modified clio ever.

he is called clio on 19s, sure he is on 20s though now.

his system should be something mental too.

The only one i can see to beat him his one in cornwall, only on 17s, but I've never saw his bodywork or paint or light transpalnts done so well, £20k spent on bodywork alone! he has really upped the bar, in fact both of these have.

I think me and you hilly have got our work cut out if we wanan even get into the top 5 clios lol

Black Clio's bein redone too, wide arches and light transplants

Last edited:
  Range Rover, GTC, LP640
Crazy Clio said:
cause it will be the first clio in world with it.

he aint on here i dont think, from what i hear, its going to wipe the floor with anything else and be the best modified clio ever.

he is called clio on 19s, sure he is on 20s though now.

his system should be something mental too.

The only one i can see to beat him his one in cornwall, only on 17s, but I've never saw his bodywork or paint or light transpalnts done so well, £20k spent on bodywork alone! he has really upped the bar, in fact both of these have.

I think me and you hilly have got our work cut out if we wanan even get into the top 5 clios lol

Black Clio's bein redone too, wide arches and light transplants

We will see, you havnt seen mine yet !

Range Rover, GTC, LP640
Lets have a look at these cars that are so good then lol, i want to see what the competion is if there is any ?

Dont think any one will have a Megane turbo engine in there car though will they.........maybe i wont if KTEC cant fit it in i will have to wait and see if they finish it !

Range Rover, GTC, LP640
I have been thinking of what else i can do to the bodywork on mine and there isnt anything except for the following, tell me what you think or advise what i should do if anything:-

1) Front lights are morrette at the moment should i change to say BMW or something different ?
2) Rear lights are KTEC lexus phase 2 the best ones to have, all clear and look great dont really want to change these and cant really as the filler assembly is behind the light now so il be stuck with them !
3) Wide arches i was going to do but it would not look correct would make the car look awful so didnt do.

Thats it its got everything else every panel has been changed the the max it can be changed in my opinion.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
HILLY said:
I have been thinking of what else i can do to the bodywork on mine and there isnt anything except for the following, tell me what you think or advise what i should do if anything:-

1) Front lights are morrette at the moment should i change to say BMW or something different ?
2) Rear lights are KTEC lexus phase 2 the best ones to have, all clear and look great dont really want to change these and cant really as the filler assembly is behind the light now so il be stuck with them !
3) Wide arches i was going to do but it would not look correct would make the car look awful so didnt do.

Thats it its got everything else every panel has been changed the the max it can be changed in my opinion.

1) I hope they are not phase 2 morretes?

2) You NEED to get rid of them lol.

If i do get a new engine doubt it, as 19s and airbags isnt good for new engine, ill prob get a Civic Type R or 182 as a daily driver when my car becomes a little too impractical, I'd prob stick a 172 lump in it, and supercharge it, just for the crack, still be as slow as a 1.6, but hey.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
hilly crazy clio meaning me mate, im mostly on clio-stylers. and yeah crazy clio is rite i am considering 20s even tho mu kit is set for 19s,

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
im getting 19s i think

Thsi forum is quite good actually, They do prefer the performance side of things, but on thewhole its gota great atmosphere and a generally good attitude to my car anyway.

RSC gone a bit down lately :(

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
y i aint been on mate really. i like it on here but am more styling than performance. youll change your mind and get 20s, bit late for me to go for them as front shocks are made for 19s, but wait and see may have my 19s for fcs, wait n see if get 850 in time

Range Rover, GTC, LP640
I should of gone for the original 22s i was going to do for this year ! Will have to wait till winter 2006 for showing in 2007 !

Still not going for the side to side air suspension dont see the point what so ever ! Will be getting Ray to fit mine though

Range Rover, GTC, LP640
Lets see some photos of this exterior then lets see what work youve got to catch up with me lol !

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
well side tyo side has sum advantages, pmsl you want pics off mine go to clio-stylers mate, mean every1 in this thread has asked for pics of yours yet aint posted any??????? how could, all my body work will be done in winter so well see in 07 season hows will be the best,

also i dont see the prob with spending your money onb a clio even if its 1.2, as end of day many ppl want there car to be dif from rest,

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
HILLY said:
Lets see some photos of this exterior then lets see what work youve got to catch up with me lol !

Well no ones quite as good as you are they? You are obviously some sort of messiah.....

22's is a bit stupid dont you think, why does everyone thing bigger wheels = better? Heck I'm going to get a Clio, cut everything out and have it on 28s, dont mean it will look good.

I mean to be honest, I'm a firm believer in seeing is believing, and I've yet to see any proof that you are not some spotty teeneager with access to the internet.

However, My opinion shouldnt count for nothing, as only YOU know the truth. Hopefully, I'll be eating my words when i see your "cover car".

Why has this thread been turned into a competition? I'm sure there wil lbe lots of clios better than mine, But all my plans are how I want them to me, to my criteria, and I'll be happy, who gives a f**k who's is the best, as long as we like our cars. Frankley, I do not have anywhere near the amount of money necessary to make "the best clio in the solar system", and I cant see me getting it, So I'll do whatever ican on my budget.

End of the day, ill have a Clio that I want, exactly how iwant it ,sure, wont be the best in the world, and not everyone will like it, but its how I want it. Frankly, if your aim in modifying a car is to be on the cover of mags and to have the best car around, you are an extremely sad individual, who should get out more.

Modifying is about personality and expressing it how YOU want it to be, Modifying is NOT building a car to certain criteria to gain magazine status.

Last edited:
All this 1upmanship is a bit sad. Modded cars (in the "styling" sense) arent "better" than one another IMO. Its subjective as its all down to personal choice. Granted you can say the workmanship is better when comparing two of them but its not as if one is better than the other they're just different. With tuned cars you can say one is faster or produces more power as you are comparing something which can be quantified. Personally 99% bodykitted cars look utter s**t anyway but at least Crazy clio doesnt seem to have an attitude about it all.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I've gta hand it to you Hilly, i was in doubt, but it looks good mate.

Cant see how you have spent £36k tho........

Range Rover, GTC, LP640
What do you want me to do scan the receipts for you !

To be honest that amount is including the old ice which cost 10k

Range Rover, GTC, LP640
Yeah fred buddy, dave at ktec said hed rather fit one before you fit yours lol !

Hes not sure itl fit but hes giving it ago cheaper than turboing a 172 engine and throttle bodying one

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
i was told the megane lump wont fit unless you cut the chassis cause of where the turbo is?

saying that if you have spent £40k, im sure you can afford to have the work done, wich i had £40k to spend, not on a clio, just to spend, on a Porsche 993 Turbo, couldnt insure it for about another 15 years, but would look cool sitting in it on my drive pretending tochange the gears, doing the noises with my voice :)

Range Rover, GTC, LP640
Crazy Clio said:
who is doing the bodywork btw? is it a phase 1 or phase 2

Sabre did most of the work before they went bust !
Prestige motor bodies in glossop derbyshire doing rest there miles better, theyve had to basically redo everything because sabre messed it up ! Its been going on for over a year !
Phase 2 model

Last edited:
  Range Rover, GTC, LP640
Crazy Clio said:
i was told the megane lump wont fit unless you cut the chassis cause of where the turbo is?

saying that if you have spent £40k, im sure you can afford to have the work done, wich i had £40k to spend, not on a clio, just to spend, on a Porsche 993 Turbo, couldnt insure it for about another 15 years, but would look cool sitting in it on my drive pretending tochange the gears, doing the noises with my voice :)

To be honest i could have what ever car i want instead id rather have 4 or 5 cheaper ones, more to drive lol !
Seriously thinking of selling up all of them over the last few months its just a waiting game until there all finished

Hilly you have enough money to buy any car you want but cant afford to buy a digital camera and get some pics up?

Come on if you dont hurry up we will all start to think that your full of s**t;)

Renault 5 GT Turbo
Modifying is about personality and expressing it how YOU want it to be, Modifying is NOT building a car to certain criteria to gain magazine status.[/quote]

Couldnt agree more..

Ffion

Lionel Richie
the engine fits (sort of)

DSC00025.jpg