ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next NE Meet

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Hey NE'ers.

Sorry its been a bit dull in here over the last few weeks!

I've had a lot of work on so been busy!

Right. So after the great success of Hartside I want to get another gathering organised!

What I want to know is what you guys want to do next?

Another sunday drive somewhere different?

A wednesday Ok Diner meet?

Maybe even a gathering at Prince Bishop car park?

I'm totally open to suggestions. Let's see if we can get some good ideas for our next meet and ill organise something for the middle of april. (Hopefully the weather will have eased off!)

Cheers, Sam!

Clio 182
I missed the last one and ain't met anyone yet so I'm up for this.
Drive out and stop for lunch seems good idea, not sure where maybe up
northumberland way on?

RB 200
Aye it would be nice if we could do something a bit further north for a change, everything seems to have been In favour the more southern of us.

Im with stu, Alnwick, Rothbury, seahouses ... Some canny drives.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Meets are only based where the good routes are or where's quite a central location.

Hartside was more north. :)

Let's keep up with the ideas!

RB 200
I'm still voting for something 'more north'

2nd that. don't really see the point in driving from sunderland to sunderland. when if you travel up over (or further down - Yorkshire) you have awesome roads, lovely villages to visit, nice places scenery and all. plus its the NE not sunderland & teeside.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
haha mmm icecream - fancy a run out this sunday Jon? trying to sort something quick :p

The malton breakfast meets are amazing!

I went to the last one and the turnout was immense. Ferraris, lambos, aston martins and a few clio v6's.

They even had a F1 car. Great day out! :)

I'll come to the next one Sam, the only Sunday I can do in April tho is the 28th due to working the rest so wednesday gets my vote lol. I can't even go to the Molton meet tomorrow because I'm working :(

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
maybe organise a ride out meet and a car park one? as a few might not want to go for a drive out.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Well, done anyone know of a good meeting place we can have a wednesday meet at?

Its brighter nights now which is better!

The christmas windmill meet was decent as everyone went inside and got chatting!

We need somewhere centralish that can hold a few cars and that could possibly sit 30 odd people!

Ill listen to all suggestions and then we can organise a good drive out for later for the near future!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I wouldn't mind a drive up around northumberland tbh, never been up that way before and apparently there's plenty of locations for pics/food etc

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
A drive around Northumberland sounds good.

I've never been up there before either!

What do the more northern lot think about that?

Clio 182
I had a drive up Northumbrian costal route last week to seseahouses nice drive, few good bits of road but was far too busy with it being Easter Sunday. Some cracking fish and chips at seahouses as well

RB 200
A drive around Northumberland sounds good.

I've never been up there before either!

What do the more northern lot think about that?

aye theres some cracking places to go, can stop at a fair few places - better during the day though..

to be honest i'm not really a fan of sitting in car parks, would rather have a blast out, enjoy some good driving roads and find new places - always more fun.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Is there a good place we can all stop for a drink and something to eat that will be able to host a few people?

clio 182 sport
Bonxy the northumberland thing sounds good but take it easy this time. The hartside run was a bit crazy lol im bringing mine this time I prefer to cruise rather than ragging ya car mate.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
The hartside run was gentle on the way there.

It was only that 4 mile twisty section down the back that we had a bit more fun!

Nothing dangerous!

clio 182 sport
All the same dont mind a bit thats what they r built for but im a ***** and never hardly rag my 182 lol.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
It's fun watching all of you trying to keep up with a 100bhp saxo and failing miserably :)

In all seriousness, we all love keeping our cars cleaned/detailed, however it's pointless having a car built for b roads and not making the most of it, especially on some of the best roads this country has to offer

RB 200
It's fun watching all of you trying to keep up with a 100bhp saxo and failing miserably :)

In all seriousness, we all love keeping our cars cleaned/detailed, however it's pointless having a car built for b roads and not making the most of it, especially on some of the best roads this country has to offer

We went to hartside last weekend and spent most of the journey at high speeds or on 3 wheels ;) sorry but u buy a fun car with a cup pack to do things like that IMO it's pointless buying one and treating it like a boring focus.

To be honest there's loads of roads like that up Northumberland way.

Yes Sam, you have a ton of places with large car parks and its only a 5 min walk to cafes or pubs

I have to agree, kicking the cars head in around the twisty roads is what there made for really and it's always fun to do so.

cant go wrong with a B road blast then a chill out in the pub with a huge burger!

I have to agree, kicking the cars head in around the twisty roads is what there made for really and it's always fun to do so.

cant go wrong with a B road blast then a chill out in the pub with a huge burger!
theres a place near warkwarth castle, we had some amazing food and there's a big car park. Then the drive to the ice cream place isn't too shabby!

remember him James?
IMG_5405.jpg

Last edited: