ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Generation Consoles

Mito Sportiva 135
All Nintendo need to do is release some 'proper' Nintendo games for the Wii U and it will sell, simple as! I think in their pursuit of the broad mass market they lost site of the core market and lost focus on their core strength - making great games.

Even though I've not had a Nintendo since the N64 I would be sad if they pulled out the console market...but on the other hand if I could get Smash Brothers on the new Xbox I would be OK I guess! :)

Monaro VXR
It's probably because of pratts buying 3-4 each that there is a shortage on release day lol.

I don't understand why you would though? Not exactly going to get much more than retail surely? Seems stupid to me.

Do you not remember the PS3 launch where they were going for £1000+ on ebay in a few hours? People were doubling they're money. Plus it basically means I get mine for free.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm going to pre-order the XBOne but looking for the best deals. I'm thinking I'll order with Shopto (it's £428) but then I'm expecting bundles to be available over the next few weeks/months so it could be a waste of time.

It also looks like next gen games will be around £60 which isn't going to be particularly nice on my wallet.

none :(
im still undecided what to get.

im sure I read on 360achievement.org that xbone games were gonna be around £40-£45, I think they are priced around $59.99 in the states, so that's the same as 360 games

Evo 5 RS
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/12/xbox-one-no-longer-requires-kinect-to-function?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

In addition to reversing its used game DRM policies for Xbox One, Microsoft has revealed that the console will no longer require Kinect to function. In our latest Ask Microsoft Anything, Xbox Corporate Vice President Marc Whitten revealed that Xbox One owners will be able to use all of the console's core functions regardless of whether the new Kinect sensor is connected. Naturally, many of the tentpole features of the new Kinect, such as player identification, voice commands, etc., will be disabled as a result, but players will still be able to play games and access entertainment content.

Evo 5 RS
Well despite it all, I'm still swaying towards the Xbox. Always have done, I'm not even really sure why. Probably just the lack of inspiring games on the PS4

DB.

BMW 440i
I've pre-ordered both.

Not entirely sure if I'll need them both though.

Really don't see the point in that! Games are generally the same and there's no point playing them on both and it's not worth having both just to catch the games that are exclusive!

Goliath I
Apparently many outlets are no longer taking pre orders for the PS4and those that are aren't guaranteeing a console on launch day.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I wish I wasn't spending so much on my girlfriend at Christmas, is stopping me from pre-ordering anything!

Ad

MK2 FRS
I've plumped to stay with the xbox. Ordered today for release day.

Though it appears Game have charged me for full cost for forza alongside the deposit.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Do you not remember the PS3 launch where they were going for £1000+ on ebay in a few hours? People were doubling they're money. Plus it basically means I get mine for free.

​Yeah, pratts ripping desperate nerds off.

Fair play it means they can pocket some cash but its just greedy.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i see amazon has reduced prices some of the ps4 games to £47, wonder if it drops again

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Even though I've had the first xbox and the 360 I've opted for the PS4 this time round, main reasons being my friends are getting them and it seems to me that the x1 is more of a multimedia machine rather than a gaming console?

it seems to me that the x1 is more of a multimedia machine rather than a gaming console?
I am interested in this comment as I have seen it come up a few times. If you strip back PS4 and XB1 to what they offer gamers how much more is PS4 giving you in terms of gaming experience?

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
I am interested in this comment as I have seen it come up a few times. If you strip back PS4 and XB1 to what they offer gamers how much more is PS4 giving you in terms of gaming experience?

A lot more if my mates have a ps4 ;)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm going to stick with Xbox I think and will more than likely not bother with PS this time around. Going to pre-order with Game.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Why anyone off a car forum would buy a PS4 when Forza won't be a available for it amazes me.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Pre-ordered mine last night, Xbox One & Limited Edition Forza from Game, GTA V from Tesco.

Why anyone off a car forum would buy a PS4 when Forza won't be a available for it amazes me.

Come off it. Yeah Forza is a good sim for consoles, but one could equally ask why would anyone from a car forum not play PC sims. Forza isn't an industry-spec F1 simulator.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Come off it. Yeah Forza is a good sim for consoles, but one could equally ask why would anyone from a car forum not play PC sims. Forza isn't an industry-spec F1 simulator.

Last time I checked this was a next gen console thread???

I doubt Sony will offer anything on par with Forza, the PS3 certainly didn't.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
True. I just think you'd be a bit of a knob to buy a console based on one racing game because you use a car forum.

No but I expect most people who frequent a car forum and console thread to enjoy playing racing games.

The fact that its unlikely that anything good will be released on the PS4 must surely sway most in the direction of the XBOX?

1.8 Civic EX
Rumours appearing that instead of an xb1 price drop, they will be chucking in the newest Fifa for free with every console......

none :(
rumours are correct , every pre-order gets a code to download a digital version of fifa 14, ultimate team also features legend mode, exclusive to xbone

AK

M240i
Preordered on the back on FIFA being free. Was going to buy console and game anyway, so bit of a bonus really.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Xbox will have dedicated servers for cod ghosts. Good news for cod fps fans on xbox!