ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Next Generation Consoles

Nippy white cup
I'll probably go for the Xbox again...I imagine they would be of similar spec but in the end the PS3 was supposed to be much more powerful than the Xbox last time round and there still isn't anything that is much better graphically imo

F82 M4
Valve's Steam Box for me. Not sure how it will compare with the likes of the PS4/720. I'll still be sticking with the gaming PC though. I've racked up 94 hours of Dota 2 in 2 weeks. :cool:

F82 M4
Thanks for the Offer mate, I aint bought the game.
I played it up my mates cos he was bumming over it so much and thought instead of paying like £20+ or something and not liking it, I just tried it up his instead lol

It's completely free mate, doesn't cost a penny (the £20 advertised is for extra cosmetic content). It's currently in Beta stage and I have about 10-15 keys available if you want one? :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Can't see them getting blu ray though? Haven't Sony patented it for their use only?
No mate - BluRay is governed/directed by an industry consortium of which Sony are only one member on the director's board. Apple, Samsung, Sharp and others are also on the board. As a technology, BluRay is available for license by anyone, including Microsoft.

F82 M4
Just looked on Steam and its £22.99 D:
Yeah if you dont mind mate! you got skype or TS?

Yeah that's for the extra content. Valve have already stated that Dota 2 will be free to play, you can just buy clothing etc. Add me mate and i'll send you a key. I've only been playing it for 2 months so i know actually what it's like to start new so don't worry and i'll be really patient
You will love it. By the way we use mumble 'cause it's the best out of them all so get it downloaded ;)

Microsoft would be completely retarded to omit a Blu-ray player.

Either way, I'll buy the Xbox regardless. As it stands there aren't enough PS3/4 exclusive games for me to warrant choosing one over the Xbox.

Evo 5 RS
PS4 this time round. Not a dead cert but going by the specifications they've nailed it. x86 machine with 8GB of GDDR5 (very fast memory). They listened to developers this time, and it's going to pay off big time.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I need to know facts. Lad I play footy with is banging on about the ps4 being better because it has bluray and Xbox hasn't.

Titanium 182
I need to know facts. Lad I play footy with is banging on about the ps4 being better because it has bluray and Xbox hasn't.
Facts won't be apparent until Microsoft announce it officially. All we have are 'insider leaks' so far.

But of course it'll have Blu-ray. Like I said earlier, the games will be much more massive this time and the 360 is having to have 2-3 discs for some titles now as it is.

MKV R32
Cant think of a half decent PS3 only game tbh, and the ps3 controller is dog s**t. The Xbox is miles ahead of the Playstation, always have and always will be

Titanium 182
Cant think of a half decent PS3 only game tbh, and the ps3 controller is dog s**t. The Xbox is miles ahead of the Playstation, always have and always will be
It has been up until now (although Xbox v PS2 is debatable), but I think MS have taken their eye off the ball with this one, and no way will Sony make the same mistakes they did with the PS3.

MKV R32
It has been up until now (although Xbox v PS2 is debatable), but I think MS have taken their eye off the ball with this one, and no way will Sony make the same mistakes they did with the PS3.

The fact is no developers are interested in PS3 its either both or xbox only. Gamers will always favour Xbox, PS3 for some reason appeals to casual gamers probably because they think that having an xbox is geeky. MS will release info soon and the hype will swing the other way. Sony can stick whatever components they like but if the games arent made for it then theyre pointless

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
...but I think MS have taken their eye off the ball with this one, and no way will Sony make the same mistakes they did with the PS3.
I disagree as Microsoft have also put a lot into the design of the next Xbox and they will be keen to maintain a sizeable chunk of the console market for their system. In my opinion, the only mistakes Sony made were in trying to be too clever and using custom Cell-based CPU's, SPU's and Emotion Engines and all that jazz. It simply resulted in a slightly more powerful system whereby that extra processing power could not be used in your typical game. Now they've moved to a more traditional hardware architecture I think we will see some very interesting stuff with the next generation of consoles... exciting times. :)

The fact is no developers are interested in PS3 its either both or xbox only. Gamers will always favour Xbox, PS3 for some reason appeals to casual gamers probably because they think that having an xbox is geeky. MS will release info soon and the hype will swing the other way. Sony can stick whatever components they like but if the games arent made for it then theyre pointless
Not true at all. PS3 was arguably more niche (for want of a better word) due to the relative complexities of it's hardware architecture and the problems that caused when it came to developing for it. One heck of a steep learning curve and a shed load of power that remained untapped due to hardware that perhaps wasn't best suited to the gaming context (not that is was a poor system, far from it). By moving to the new architecture the PS4 suddenly becomes a viable and easily developed-for system that will (and has) attracted a lot of attention. I believe Sony got it right this time, but I think Microsoft are ready to take them head on when they announce their offerings.