ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Next Gen/PC] Batman: Arkham Knight

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Very poor show indeed. I'm normally one to stick up for the developer (or at least try and provide a balanced view) but they really have messed this one up! It runs and looks great on console so whoever did the (poor) port need 'a stern talking to'...! Very, very poor.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well I have found a small glitch with one of the AR challenges in the Batmobile. You have to drive towards sets of drones, clear them out and go to the next set, repeat and go to a third set. There are markings on the ground to follow but between the 2nd & 3rd sets, the markings disappear. I've tried this twice and they disappear at the same point.
Other than that, the game is growing on me. Some annoying parts, some of the fighting is pissing me off although I do like the interaction with the other characters when they are involved, makes a nice change.

Clio Trophy
i was reading the other day it was not going well, but suspending sales! lol

really hate the way everything goes console>pc now :( i remember the good old days, when it went pc>console

Cayman S Edition 1
Finding it a bit fiddly tbh. Too many gadgets / bits to remember, so not very engaging for me personally. Realised I'm much more of an assassins creed sort of player.

Would get my money back if I could.

Yaris Hybrid
Finding it a bit fiddly tbh. Too many gadgets / bits to remember, so not very engaging for me personally. Realised I'm much more of an assassins creed sort of player.

Would get my money back if I could.

Yeah I'm finding a bit too much going on and too fiddly as you say. Almost like I need to get out a notepad and write stuff down.

Also I originally had it on PC (got free keys with my 980ti's) but it was unplayable so I bought it on PS4. The PS4 version has better graphics (the water textures on the floor etc) and runs smoother but still I cannot play this type of fighting game at 30fps. I am really struggling and tempted to sell it and just wait for the PC version to be fixed.

Maybe it's just me but I don't know how anyone can do this type of fast paced combat at 30fps. It also makes the Batmobile sections like running on that Riddler course far harder than it needs to be.

Things is I'm not confident it will ever run properly as many games over the past year have had problems and never truly been sorted out.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Xbox one platform.

Agree with many of the comments so far; find it a little gritty and very complicated with all the upgrades available. Don't like the rain affects either, just makes it seem a little blurry.

Not sure if it's a bug, but I notice the map doesn't show up all side missions and elements already completed - but appears to one some of the YouTube videos I have seen.

Saying this, I ploughed a reasonable amount of time in and once I got over a few bits and bobs I've begun to really enjoy it. It doesn't feel as good as batman asylum but on a par with city.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm getting more used to the driving controls although they're not great, especially when you have to chase people/ do missions.
One of the Riddler's races is f**king stupid. It's the one for the last key and I can't manage to do it, just one point where you need to wall ride via a chicane on the last lap. I must have tried that lap a good few times and it's just ridiculously hard. f**k you nigma

I do quite like the joker in it though.

Cayman S Edition 1
I'm getting more used to the driving controls although they're not great, especially when you have to chase people/ do missions.
One of the Riddler's races is f**king stupid. It's the one for the last key and I can't manage to do it, just one point where you need to wall ride via a chicane on the last lap. I must have tried that lap a good few times and it's just ridiculously hard. f**k you nigma

I do quite like the joker in it though.
Just done that mission in your spoiler. Omg how hard!!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just done that mission in your spoiler. Omg how hard!!

]Just the last lap and that one part with the chicane,everything else has been alright. It takes me about 6 attempts to do that, attempted at various speeds and when i do finally get it, the time was well expired.[/SPOILER

Cayman S Edition 1
Spent a couple of hours on it last night and its kind of improving. The fight scenes have started to make sense and I'm getting the hang of the Bat Mobile Tank stuff.

Tip: When roaming the streets, take out as many cars as you can and then eject to fight them in hand combat. Sometimes one will be an informant which then opens up a new challenge on the map.

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
I ended up preordering Arkham Knight and the limited edition console. Was a good price. Collected it at midnight launch. My flat mate had the game preordered for Xbone so he cancelled that and just plays it on my PS4 now. I haven't personally played it yet, but the graphics look pretty good. I know he's enjoying it so far.

20150623_190326.jpg

Cayman S Edition 1
How's everyone getting on with this? I stuck with it in the end and actually quite like it now. Took far too long to get going IMO, but its not a bad game.

Clio 182 - RB
Great game, i've just done the mission where you have to help Poison Ivy by protecting her plant.. Bat Mobile is great when you get use to it.. Currently trying to take out all the roof top guards, the combat is getting challenging now.

Riddler trophies are annoying!

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Still not sure whether I should get this or not, but I've just finished Dying Light (absolutely fantastic IMO) and need something else, kinda put off by some of the previous comments though :(

Goliath I
I was on the fence about getting this but from what I've heard theres not much advancement from the previous games. I didnt expect it to be a complete overhaul as its part of the series, but as its a the first game on the next gen consoles I expected a little bit more.

(disclaimer: I got the review from Angry Joe so may be biased...)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Great game, i've just done the mission where you have to help Poison Ivy by protecting her plant.. Bat Mobile is great when you get use to it.. Currently trying to take out all the roof top guards, the combat is getting challenging now.

Riddler trophies are annoying!

I struggled with the guards on top of the hospital. Think there were two armoured, two with shockers a few ninja types and a few normal guys. Got it done in the end though.

I'm pretty far into the story now. I've completed a few of the side missions 100%, waiting for some of the others to unlock. I'm enjoying it when I play it, not had much time on the PS recently.

Cayman S Edition 1
I struggled with the guards on top of the hospital. Think there were two armoured, two with shockers a few ninja types and a few normal guys. Got it done in the end though.

I'm pretty far into the story now. I've completed a few of the side missions 100%, waiting for some of the others to unlock. I'm enjoying it when I play it, not had much time on the PS recently.
That took me like 20+ attempts to complete. Also included lots of swearing;)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I'm at 98% complete, only riddler to catch, of which I have 70 trophies outstanding. Enjoyed the game. Some bits were stupid, but on the whole it's been a very good game.

Cayman S Edition 1
Ditto. Can't be bothered to collect all the trophies though.

Need a new game to play now.

Clio 182 - RB
S'not about getting all the trophies, theres way to many! I've got about 50ish though. Anybody played the Catwoman story mode?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
That took me like 20+ attempts to complete. Also included lots of swearing:wink:
Tried this again tonight. Changed the camera view for the car and done it first time!

I've only got riddler to catch now and one watchtower to find, one bomb to find, a few firemen and a few Road blocks to do. Oh, and Azrael which are a bit of a ballache.

I've got the Harley Quinn DLC and I think another one in the case which I'll have a look at this week.

Clio 182 - RB
Tried this again tonight. Changed the camera view for the car and done it first time!

I've only got riddler to catch now and one watchtower to find, one bomb to find, a few firemen and a few Road blocks to do. Oh, and Azrael which are a bit of a ballache.

I've got the Harley Quinn DLC and I think another one in the case which I'll have a look at this week.

The 3rd Azrael challenge is on top of Lady Liberty [emoji16]

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I've got about 20 riddler trophies to get, all in arkham knight hq.

Haven't done many of the Wayne tech challenges.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
There's one bloody checkpoint that I can't find.
It's in Miagani island but I don't know where. I've looked on some maps on Google and still can't find it so I can't do the last bit
to fight deathstroke

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've got loads of the riddler stuff to do yet. Probably 180 things which will take some time.
Finished all of the other side stories though.
I'll probably install the Scarecrow and Harley this week and do those. I've been thinking about the Season pass too, might be decent.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I can't remember how many Riddler challenges/trophies there were on the previous games, but I do think the amount in Arkham Knight was excessive.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I assume you have to start New Game+ to actually finish the trophies as some are in the Air Ships and some at Ace Chemicals which you can't get to after you've done that part of the story.

Clio 182 - RB
I'm just about to do the story mode + now, weather i'll do it all again i don't know.. Been getting in to Destiny again.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I assume you have to start New Game+ to actually finish the trophies as some are in the Air Ships and some at Ace Chemicals which you can't get to after you've done that part of the story.

All trophies are accessible - no need to do game plus.

Clio 182 - RB
Anyone know if theres any DLC's coming out? Any more villains? Since i've pretty much done everything bar the riddler which i'm not doing the game is really boring... [emoji53]

New Star Wars Battlefront E3 videos on YouTube look brilliant though!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Did you get any with the game? I got a scarecrow and Harley Quinn pack which I've downloaded but not played.
Think you can ply as batgirl too. I might get the season pass which says there will be 6 monthly updates.