ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newbie with corsa VXR!

d6n

Ph2 172
hi all,

im new to the site, i have owned my corsa VXR for 2 years, i have decided to sell up for a deposit for an house, but i have a bit of cash for a older car that i would like as a road legal track car, i only have a short trip to work and my gf has a reliable 'boring' car when i need to be sensible.

i have been looking at r5 gt turbos as 3 of mates have them, but i have also been looking at a 172/early 182 cup.

i want the car to be striped out, buckets, few engines mods, decent exhaust, light weight wheels, and low!

any one else running a similar spec car?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Ph1 at that price.
SDC12518.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pics of your vxr mate? There are quite a few fans of them on here surprisingly.

A good ph1 172 or an older ph2 172.

I would get the latter as I think the ph1 looks very old.

Tbf Warrens looks good.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Comparison with my brothers
8f7e53d8.jpg

There's no doubt the ph2 is more modern looking. But at 3K, you're more likely to get a decent ph1 than a ph2. And the ph1 is the better drive imo. (That's not owner bias, I sold a ph2 172 to get the ph1)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I might have jumped the gun, you could get a really good ph1 for 3k.

Even couple of ph2 mods, rear bumper and lights to freshen it up, cup spoiler.

Hyundai i40
urs is gawjus Brown Bear...

Defo go for a a ph1 over a ph2, if your just after a track toy

Welcome to CS

d6n

Ph2 172
Modifications:
Courtenay sport panel filter
Remus exhaust
EDS remap
DAP R springs -30mm
Team Dynamic pro race 1.2 alloys wheels in gloss black
Silvertec front and rear indicator bulbs
225/35 18 Toyo T1r tyres
Cool running thermostat, denso sparks plugs and boost gauge
Regal blizzard intercooler and hard pipes

Last time is was on the rollers it made 232bhp, should be around 240bhp now as I fitted the intercooler and hard pipes!

Hyundai i40
Love that mate....u will miss that, but needs must i guess

EDIT : oh noooo whats happened to it?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Pro race are a shocking choice on a car like that but stunning vxr none the less.

d6n

Ph2 172
it is a good looking car.

Since i brought it i've become more interested in the track side of things, rather than just the meets with the clubs.

I can't afford to track a car like this, as it will loose all its value.

Looks perfect mate! Get a phase 1! You will have more fun in something a bit older that you can thrash around in, rather than something mint like that... Thats what ive learnt anyway!

ph 2, 172.
welcome to cs..

might be hard finding one with that spec as alot of people go back to standard when selling?

might be lucky and find a mint one though! good luck :)

d6n

Ph2 172
LOL, everyone saying how much they love the vxr makes me want to keep it:dapprove:

haven't seen any for around 2k! more like 3 i've seen them for!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
LOL, everyone saying how much they love the vxr makes me want to keep it:dapprove:

haven't seen any for around 2k! more like 3 i've seen them for!

Welcome, I dont like your VXR but thats because i dont like any Corsa VXRs i just dont like the shape/proportions of that model corsa.

I think you should be able to get what you want for your budget, Buy it standard, sell the bits you take out on here to pay for your mods.

Make sure you read up on the coilovers and ask for ppl to take you out in theres.

Our PH1 track car

3316780921_b8caa83184_o.jpg

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=364943