ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie to cliosport in birmingham

Renault 5 Turbo
Hello,

New to the forum, used to own a 16valver a few years ago, and loved it to bits :) so bought myself a '02 172 in deep blue, owned it for ten minutes and broke it :(.

Cambelt failed and dropped a few valves (woops), but cant fault the garage at all, spoke to them this morning, and they have sourced another lower milage engine from renault and should be ready next saturday ;) all under warranty:D.

So fingers crossed i'll have some pics for you soon ;).

BMW E92/Audi S3
Hope all goes well. Quite a lot of brummies in here. Me being one of them. I drive a stealth 225, you might of seen about x

Welcome fella, am just outside brum myself but in selly oak a lot as thats where the inlaws live, keep an eye out for me, white 197.

Also when there are some, probably after the French Car Show now, get yourself to some of the local meets.

Renault 5 Turbo
Cheers fellas,
Reyes ill keep an eye out for you mate, what do you mean by stealth? something special under the bonnet? :cool:
theduck ill deffinately be up for meets mate, it'll be nice to see what people have done to their cars, get some ideas on what to do ;)

Renault 5 Turbo
Ah thats what the stealth stands for :cool: i'll keep a look out for you. I'm from Redditch mate, you?

Ste666 tell me about it mate :eek: its not good when you accelerate and the engine starts making a very large rattling noise, then dies :( still i'll get it back next week with a fresh engine :approve:

Been reading a few threads on this forum, and was looking at sc conversions :evil:

None
My brother in law had that same feeling in his Audi S3 not long back, driving back from leeds on the motorway he started to get the loud rattling and crunching noise then it died right there on the hard shoulder, turns out the oil pump had packed up without the warning light coming on and it ran the engine completely dry and seized up everything including the turbo......gutted :(

Renault 5 Turbo
Gutted mate sorry to hear that, apparently the cambelt went on this mullered the valves good and proper woops :dapprove: i got so many plans for this car, so many ideas runnin round my head, i've probably spent twice the value of the car already lol :D
My brother in law had that same feeling in his Audi S3 not long back, driving back from leeds on the motorway he started to get the loud rattling and crunching noise then it died right there on the hard shoulder, turns out the oil pump had packed up without the warning light coming on and it ran the engine completely dry and seized up everything including the turbo......gutted :(