ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie Seeking Advice On The 182 Trophy

subaru impreza
Hello people, I'm seeking some advice really & thought where better, than in this forum ( That I've lurked in from time to time )
Thing is I'm looking to take the plunge & get a 182 Trophy , but looking at this site , loads of people seem to be getting rid of them! Is there something I should know?

For all of those out there who own a Trophy , what are they like etc, do you recommend them, I would like to here any thoughts you may well have.
Cheers guys/Gals

Maz

LY 200
I dont think people are getting rid because there is something wrong with them, probably just moving onto other cars ?

Try to drive one as many times as possible just to make sure its right for you, saying that some people bought them without driving I couldn't tbh.

Why you going for a trophy when you have a scooby ? :)

Hello people, I'm seeking some advice really & thought where better, than in this forum ( That I've lurked in from time to time )
Thing is I'm looking to take the plunge & get a 182 Trophy , but looking at this site , loads of people seem to be getting rid of them! Is there something I should know?

For all of those out there who own a Trophy , what are they like etc, do you recommend them, I would like to here any thoughts you may well have.
Cheers guys/Gals

I think people are moving on to the Megane R26's or Clio R27's mate.

TBH unless someone offers me well over £10K I'll be keeping my Trophy and using the 172 as a daily driver.

If you've got any questions ask away?

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I think the owners of Trophys have had them for nearly two years and are ready to move on to other cars.

The Trophy is all about the uprated suspension and recaro seats.

Any other questions?

A lot of people IMo buy this car as they have read the revies etc and want to own it then get bored having read about another good car they won't loose much on the trophy if they sell so move on hence they can have quite a high turnover.

subaru impreza
Cheers guys for the replies! Well the reason I'm looking at a trophy is to try and strike a compromise really. Currently I've got an 04 JDM STi which I love , BUT , It's killing me on running costs & what with a mortgage etc I'm simply looking at alternatives really. I love driving & as a result the Trophy seems to have good press & I used to own a K plate 16v Clio back in the day ( Which I only have good memories of )
The Scoob being a Jap Domestic car , has to run on V Power Or Tesco's 99 + octane booster , don't get me wrong it's a sweet car, just a tad expensive at the current climate. I'll probably live to regret getting shot of her , but only time will tell.:(

cars017.jpg

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE

have almost bought x2 trophies in my time!! should have really bought a new one but hey ho! great car - not worth what certain people want for them though! there not worth more than a full fat 182 really - although the seats are nice! :)

have almost bought x2 trophies in my time!! should have really bought a new one but hey ho! great car - not worth what certain people want for them though! there not worth more than a full fat 182 really - although the seats are nice! :)

They hold there value well though with low milage though people pay sicne certain mags gave them such a good reviews. There not ideal though for many users.

subaru impreza
Hear what your saying about the similarity between the 'Full Fat 182' Like that name, I just liked the colour & the look of the Trophy Package as a whole.

182 Trophy & Megabusa
seeing as you have an impreza, you are obviously into getting a car to drive rather than just buying a 182 because its the best clio....so for you the trophy would be the one to have I would have thought, not quite as luxury as the 182 but gives a slightly more exciting drive.

Although to be honest, although none of the clio sports are as outright fast as your impreza, each and every model would give a more rewarding and more outright fun drive than the scooby. So any model would do you really, depends how much money you want to save!

subaru impreza
Luxury holds little sway with me ( although the clio looks quite nice inside), I had an integrale 16v for 5 years , what a poxy beast that was, great when it was on song , ah yes I remember that 1 day well !!!!
No like I said I want a good fun compromise , I go out for drives when I'm bored, I need a car that will keep me doing that, I'd hate to lose my passion for ripping about.
As for the Scoob , it's surprisingly fun aswell, not only fast, this one has the Manual Diff control on it, so if your feeling brave you can wind it back to act like a rear wheel drive, tried it once!! I'll stick to it being on Auto.

subaru impreza
Thanks for the welcomes, your a nice friendly bunch ! Cheers kullycliosport.
Yes Davey, the octane booster is pretty much a neccessity for the Jap Domestic Market Scoob as in Japan it's mapped to run on the fuel available to them, which as far as I'm aware is about 101 / 102 RON. Have been told that I'd probably get away with using V Power / Tesco's 99 without Booster , but it was the word 'Probably' that has kept me using it. As for how it affects the performance I'm not sure really, but I had it Rolling Road'd & it's totally standard , 2 cats still in place & it gave 310bhp & 331 lbs of torque. The Octane Booster may well have bumped that up a couple I suppose. But it's not used as a performance gainer , I use it more as an engine Looker-afterer. ( New Word I've Made up there)

soon to be a 200
I was thinking of changing my trophy but every time i get in it and drive i change my mind . Just cant think of anything in the price range that could be so much fun return 30+mpg .

subaru impreza
30+ mpg , that's what I need & still have fun along the way , the scoob has a thirst that'll see less than 15mpg at times ( all be it good times):evil: