ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie, just done up a 1.2 for my son

Ph2 Clio 1.2 16v
So I'm a newbie here, over the past few months I have been doing up a 2004, 1.2 for my son to learn to drive in and i dare say i will be gleaning lots of info from the site on how to sort various things on the car :up:
Upon arrival last october it looked like this ( very un loved by the previous owner )
W 0.jpg

And how it looks now ( very much loved by the new owner, my son )
W 6.jpg

Ph2 Clio 1.2 16v
Thank you, i think the fact that nothing had been done to it helped as there were no mistakes to correct, i bought myself a machine polisher to sort out the paintwork, and it came up great, all the colour coding was DIY with rattle cans as were the wheel refurbs and all told the car has come up well. I agree 100% regarding the stripe it is a bit chav but we were all 17 once !!!! although i am having to reign him in on other mods....
this weekends jobs are a throttle body clean as a warning light came on a couple of weeks ago, it was cleared and hasnt come back on since but i have been advised that a clean wont do any harm and a new ignition coil pack is going on. for some reason the one thats on looks like a HT lead has been shortened ( i dont know how ) but its way too short and wont follow the correct route to be clipped in place so i have a replacement sorted

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Looks ace that, well not a fan of the stripes :) but the work you've done makes the bodywork look brand new! well done

Ph2 Clio 1.2 16v
Thank you, Here are a couple of additional pictures

Nothing was needed in the interior apart from a good clean, the dash inserts were painted the same colour as the wheels
W 4.jpg

DIY wheel refurb
W 5.jpg

Ph2 Clio 1.2 16v
I think it's a case of some of us , lets say above a certain age and with taste!!! dont like the stripe, me included. But FYI again it was another DIY job, i bought a sheet of sign writing vinyl for a fiver, cut it in to strips then put a black 6mm regular car stripe around the outer edge. job done. i wasnt prepared to spend alot just incase he didnt like it. the additional cost on the insurance was more than the stripe !!! They have charged £15.00 for ' additional exterior cosmetic changes'
I remember when you could do almost anything to a car without worrying about insurance....

RB Clio 182
That looks great and I love the colour, I think he and his friends will love the stripes at 17yo, and the chicks :)

I dont think he will care that a few of us boring old people off cs think they are a bit chav when he's on his way to McDonalds listening to 'Scooter' with four birds in the car.

Ph2 Clio 1.2 16v
That looks great and I love the colour, I think he and his friends will love the stripes at 17yo, and the chicks :smile:

I dont think he will care that a few of us boring old people off cs think they are a bit chav when he's on his way to McDonalds listening to 'Scooter' with four birds in the car.
Love it, made me smile, god i wish i was 17 again !!!!!:tongueclosed:

Ph2 Clio 1.2 16v
What colour is that? I've never seen one like that before.

Must be quite rare.
Hi,
I dont believe the colour was that popular so it wasnt made for long it is 'B65 Gris Agathe' it is a bit different from the norm but trying to find parts in the same colour is near on impossible

Ph2 Clio 1.2 16v
Sure I saw this on Detailing World a few months back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Mate, you did indeed see it on there, i learnt alot about car cleaning and cleaning product it's a fantastic place for info and if it wasnt for DW i wouldnt have had such success with the spraying and paint corrections. Now it's time to start looking at the mechanical side of things i have come to the Clio experts, I find that if you drop on the right forum with the right members they are amazing places to learn.

Clio 182 - RB
Hi Mate, you did indeed see it on there, i learnt alot about car cleaning and cleaning product it's a fantastic place for info and if it wasnt for DW i wouldnt have had such success with the spraying and paint corrections. Now it's time to start looking at the mechanical side of things i have come to the Clio experts, I find that if you drop on the right forum with the right members they are amazing places to learn.
Its a good thread on Detailing World, i read it all, wish my old man did something like that for me for my first car. Good on you! I'm sure you'll be more than fine here leaning bits and bobs.

Ph2 Clio 1.2 16v
Its a good thread on Detailing World, i read it all, wish my old man did something like that for me for my first car. Good on you! I'm sure you'll be more than fine here leaning bits and bobs.

Thank you, i must admit after joining and looking through the threads i feel a bit intimidated, everyone has a 172 or 182 or a sport, i though have i joined the wrong site?? ( i suppose the clue was in the site name really 'clio sport' 😌 Doh... )
still im here now and just try getting rid of me!!! i will no doubt be back at the weekend when the throttle body wont go back on and the ignition coil wont spark :weary::weary:

Thank you, i must admit after joining and looking through the threads i feel a bit intimidated, everyone has a 172 or 182 or a sport, i though have i joined the wrong site?? ( i suppose the clue was in the site name really 'clio sport' 😌 Doh... )
still im here now and just try getting rid of me!!! i will no doubt be back at the weekend when the throttle body wont go back on and the ignition coil wont spark :weary::weary:

Doesn't make any difference what car you've got mate. Most people here don't even have clios anymore. Stick around for the "bantz" and the lolz. Great bunch of lads on here, mostly.

RB Clio 182

You havnt joined the wrong forum mate this place is ace, its also got great fair mods/admin and you will learn a zillion things on here, not just about cars.

I bet 50% of members on here dont even own a Clio, nevermind a sport lol.

There is also a thread dedicated to non sports and its a huge thread, you could maybe get some more ideas from there too :)

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/non-sports-in-here.331979/

Ph2 Clio 1.2 16v
You havnt joined the wrong forum mate this place is ace, its also got great fair mods/admin and you will learn a zillion things on here, not just about cars.

I bet 50% of members on here dont even own a Clio, nevermind a sport lol.

There is also a thread dedicated to non sports and its a huge thread, you could maybe get some more ideas from there too :smile:

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/non-sports-in-here.331979/
Thank you for that i hadnt seen the non sport thread i will have to check it out

2013 Clio 0.9 Tce
Welcome. Car looks good mate. Being only 22 myself I love the stripes haha. And seriously don't worry I don't own a sport. I have a 2013 non sport its French blue you will find it on the non sport thread towards the end h enjoy you time here

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk