ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie into detailing!

Mk2 Ph2
Well just bought a few things and going to be getting into detailing soon ( when the weather picks up ) bought myself the Kestrel DAS-6 from i-4detailing and an auto glym kit from halfords that was really good for the money and dodo juice clay bars, ive only got one pad for now the rest are in the post along with my dodo juice clay lube, ill post pics of what i got so far,
input would be appreciated on any other brands and products wich i can get that is good
2m819bm.gif

14dgcgg.gif

Cheers
J.

Don't use the AG Cleans Wheels, it will dull your wheels as it's a highly acidic cleaner.

My suggestions - start from the beginning. Read some of the threads on here and Polished Bliss. Get your wash method right, then concentrate on other areas.

What is you current wash technique?

182 Turbo Project
Don't use the AG Cleans Wheels, it will dull your wheels as it's a highly acidic cleaner.

My suggestions - start from the beginning. Read some of the threads on here and Polished Bliss. Get your wash method right, then concentrate on other areas.

What is you current wash technique?

Quick shower every morning. Yours? :rasp:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
ag cleans wheels is fine if diluted.

super resin polish (srp) is one of my favorites before waxing, easy to apply, very slight cut and a good filler.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The detailing world guides are good too, worth signing up for them, its free too :)

Bumder With A Buffer
Yep as already said read some bits either on polished bliss or here/detailing world and also post up your current techniques..people can then offer advice on how (if need be) u can improve.

Reference products to use... IMO people will through LOADS of stuff at you. Me personally I usually recommend stuff that I find good value for money. That doesn't mean "cheap" that means (again IMO) lasts long and gives good results. I probably have 6 shampoo's on the go at the minute :eek:

My favourite being born to be mild or britemax (from i4detailing) I sway more to the britemax as it smells nice, gives a good dilution ratio, leaves no streaks and is relatively cheap (£11 I think). Both are ph balanced. Although I'm just about to try Zaino Z7 which is "apparently" good.

The other stuff polishes etc...meh tooooo much choice..be ready to be bombarded with products.

I don't class myself as a detailer...I'd say more of a product tester, detail dabbler :)

Mk2 Ph2
Cheers for the replys ill have a snoop about those forums and learn how to do it etc tbh my current technique is a tesco car wash lmao thats why ive bought the machine etc to give my car a good treat as its full of swirl marks as you can imagine lol