ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie - Hello Clio Sport Members

gdw

RS Clio 172
Morning Folks :D

Purchased my first Renault on Friday and looking for a great community to join and learn some things about the vehicle since ive only ever owned Peugeot and Citroen cars :eek:.

So far impressed with the little clio, its completely standard with low miles. My prevision cars have been 106 XSi (16v), Saxo VTS and 306 GTi-6.

I will post pictures up later of my latest purchase.

Regards,
Gary

gdw

RS Clio 172
2uyy_4d3_u815t.jpg

2uyy_5c6_u815t.jpg

2uyy_682_u815t.jpg

gdw

RS Clio 172
So here is a few photos taken from my phone, was a cold morning hence the water residue on the bonnet.

Car requires a new washer bottle (leaking) and the headlights need a polish, both common faults im led to believe.

gdw

RS Clio 172
Thanks!

Zero plans at moment, probably keep the car standard, ive had my fun with tinkering on with cars for extra performance and better handlingut this seems to have fair credentials as it is.

Milltek'd clio 182
welcome my friend, i purschased a 182 and done some of my own things on it, now im wondering whether it ought to be as standard as possible lol. If i was in your shoes i would follow along the lines of keeping it clean and do some subtle mods if you are planning some, as i have realised lately that they look soooo much better when left alone.

Seat Ibiza
So here is a few photos taken from my phone, was a cold morning hence the water residue on the bonnet.

Car requires a new washer bottle (leaking) and the headlights need a polish, both common faults im led to believe.
Welcome!! Looks like a nice car you have my friend!
Don't buy a bottle unless you have looked at it! Take it out and check the rubber gromits that the pumps sit into. This is was what leaking on mine, so I cleaned them up and placed a bit of sealer around them both. Good as new! The reason I did this was because I couldn't find a second hand bottle, as I thought it was this too, and a new one was over £50.

gdw

RS Clio 172
welcome my friend, i purschased a 182 and done some of my own things on it, now im wondering whether it ought to be as standard as possible lol. If i was in your shoes i would follow along the lines of keeping it clean and do some subtle mods if you are planning some, as i have realised lately that they look soooo much better when left alone.

I will look around at some other examples and maybe taken some ideas, perhaps lower it ever so slightly, I don't know, just enjoying the vehicle at moment, its rarely used I have a Diesel for crunching miles in. :approve:

Welcome!! Looks like a nice car you have my friend!
Don't buy a bottle unless you have looked at it! Take it out and check the rubber gromits that the pumps sit into. This is was what leaking on mine, so I cleaned them up and placed a bit of sealer around them both. Good as new! The reason I did this was because I couldn't find a second hand bottle, as I thought it was this too, and a new one was over £50.

Think it needs a bottle and a pump lol. The bottle leaks at a fast pace and no water come out of the jets despite the pump making a noise. I might be able to salvage the bottle like you said with some form of sealer. :)