ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie from Shropshire

Alibi Blue Clio 197
Hi folks and happy new year to everyone. Purchased an 03 plate 172 back in June but also had a Golf V6 4motion ( read VV thirsty) and could really only keep one so the Golf went the week before Christmas. Leaving me, thankfully, with the Clio. I love everything about the car but will need to be keeping on top of it going forward, hence coming onto this forum. I am also a Co-driver ( hence user name) for a friend of mine who owns an Audi Sport quattro rally car. You may have seen us if you have ever been to Race Retro, Cholmondeley Paegent of Power, or Oulton Park Gold Cup, to name a few events. Anyway back to the Clio, 74k, Silver, all the bits had the timing belt done just after purchasing but I think I need to go through the suspension and re-bush it all, put some new top mounts and dampers on and a new set of dampers on the rear. Other than that she's all good, goes like the proverbial and seems to turn even the most mundane of journeys into an epic!! Oh I also own my own rally car, a 1986 Audi coupe quattro which I am currently rebuilding.

Alibi Blue Clio 197
I live in Loggerheads, not far from Market Drayton. We got some nice little roads here that the Clio loves!! Lol Thanks for the warm welcome.

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Good stuff, my gf lives in market Drayton, and im there most weekends. :) drive a white 197 :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If you seen an inferno about, it's probably me, drove through loggerheads today!

Alibi Blue Clio 197
Funnily enough I have seen an Inferno on occasion that looked mint and I have also seen a White 197 several times also going through.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Annoyingly there is another inferno about Drayton! Mine was parked up from sept till just before Christmas, so if it was then wasn't me.

Alibi Blue Clio 197
Did any of you guys attend the Last Breakfast Club Meeting at RAF Cosford just before Chrimbo. There were a lot of Clio's in attendance and the odd Meganne. Those events were organised by my ex boss.

Theres an inferno for sale in loggerheads, see it parked up!

My GF lives in loggerheads so im always up there, don't own a clio anymore though.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome to Cliosport one of my best mates lives in market Drayton I am that way every now and then and your right there's some great roads!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Welcome to the club. I'm the Area Rep for the West Midlands and Shropshire...get yourself on the list and I will pm when any events are being organised. Would link it up on here, but am on my phone in a pub in Sutton near Newport, so will have a look when next on pc. :)

We're a good bunch in the area, hopefully see you at a meet or 2 in the near future.