ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie after advice on products PLEASE :)

Superleggera'd MK3
Hi,

I am a complete noob when it comes to detailing (well, even just washing my car properly) and want to start getting into the habbit of doing it properly as i intend to go to a few shows this year and dont want it look sh*t :) I have also read up a little on previous threads/blogs to learn a few things and have a few products in mind but would like you guys to help/recommend/amend some of what I have chosen.

I live in the countryside and find my car gets dirty quite quickly (at least the air is clean) so i am looking for durability and longevity but also for quite a natural shine. I know my car is silver so it is hard to get outstanding results from, I just want it looking nice.

Details
I have a metallic silver Mk3 TCE which will eventually have anthracite alloy wheels on. I would like to keep it all under £100, ideally lower. Baring in mind the only thing I have is buckets.....so im not sure how possible that is :eek:

So far I intend to buy in order:

Lambswool Mitt
Drying Towel
Dodo Juice Sour Power Shampoo

Sealant :
Either- Poorboys EX-P
Zaino Z-2 Pro Show Sealant
Auto Finesse Tough Coat

Wheel Brush

In terms of wheel products, I have no idea so some recommendations would be nice. Can you just use the shampoo on them? Also, tyre dressing? and whether is it worth while buying an applicator?

and finally

Meg Quik Detailer

Now im not sure how off the mark I am here with these product choices so your help would be awesome.

Thanks
Kieron

172 cup
Well I would concentrate on washing items first. For example grit guards as it will be a bit pointless using a wool mitt without them. Unfortunately it can start costing a lot of money

Golf GT & A4 Avant
look into proper wash technique first, stickied at the top of the section

second look into proper decontamination of the paint, very important on lighter coloured cars. tar remover, iron and fallout remover. then claying. no point sealong a car if you still have all that sh!t on the paint still

third youncan look into preping the paint, a cleanser, glaze or all in one will add a lot more clarity to the finish.

sealing id choose z2 or toughcoat. z2 will last longer but toughcoat is so simple to use and re layer you can use it like a qd

Superleggera'd MK3
Ok wicked, ive looked at a few detailed washing processes so i have the jist on order hierachy and technique. So clay bar, iron x for example?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
iron remover, tar remover then clay, or else youll pick up a lot of the dirt in the clay making it hard work and likely to inflict marring or swirls

Golf GT & A4 Avant
ive heard mixed reviews on that clay block inflicting its own damage.

trix isnt quite as powerful as separate irin x and tar removers but will be fine if your car has been well protected and not that much bonded contaminants

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah i thought it might be hit or miss considering its not a dedicated clay product.

Hmm.....will have an inspection of it and see what i think regarding which product to go for. Think this stuff may need to be purchased over a 2 months lol ;)

Mk3 P1 dymanique 16v
Deffo detail its a matter of pride lol
http://vimeo.com/m/52345467
this site has everything you need even tutorials, i recomend most dodo juice products!!
and this is why
9BC68D83-F0FC-46C1-8516-EB2B4FEB5935-5443-00000474A8985688.jpg

D85DC546-0565-4AC9-AEC5-A3BCFC3A2B22-5443-00000474A0877FB3.jpg

Superleggera'd MK3
Nice beading :) Cool, i will check out some of their videos mate (ps that volvo is smart as fu*k considering i dont usually like them)

Dirty rags, wearing rings while claying, no gloves to protect their hands from chemicals... Great way to show off amateurism!!