ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

newbie 172

Clio 172
hi all my names scott, im new to the clio 172 scene, i have owned and built of jap cars, and my first car was a renault 5 turbo.

this is the clio i bought, i live in cheltenham, so will be using the car for prescott hill climb and thats what i will be building the car into, a hill climb car.

i have been messing around with the track ect and today fitted some arches.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...0165302032184_559067183_8664031_2257272_n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...0165303687184_559067183_8664036_3016609_n.jpg

Ph1 172.
Any more pictures? I don't think I've seen overfender on a 172 before!?

196290_10150165302032184_559067183_8664031_2257272_n.jpg

199146_10150165303687184_559067183_8664036_3016609_n.jpg

Disastra Coupe
Yes, more pic's please. Lad from Fast Car: ph-reebone (i think) had an attempt but it looked a little naff really and he decided not to. Be interesting to see what yours looks like.

Clio 172
no, i couldnt find any clios with over fender/ universal arches, but from being in the jap scene, alot of people run them on evos, 200sxs ect and also people use them alot on hill climbing cars, so they can get a wider track ect. i havnt got round to fitting the back yet, which ill be doing this week, so as soon as its all done ill get some more pics for you! i thought they would be better satin black to match the wheels, thought they would look weird colour coded, but i would like you opinions good or bad!

i relise they wont be to everyones taste, but they are there to do a job more than to look good!

S4 Avant
Mr Fast Car off here offered some overfenders up to his car, but they just looked wrong. Exactly the same car, a ph1 172.

I'm yet to make my mind up on whether that looks ok or not. Lack of grill looks hard as f*ck though. Do approve.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Is it turbo'd? What power is she putting out? I'm not sure on the arch extensions, but as said it certainly looks aggressive!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Mr Fast Car off here offered some overfenders up to his car, but they just looked wrong. Exactly the same car, a ph1 172.
I'm yet to make my mind up on whether that looks ok or not. Lack of grill looks hard as f*ck though. Do approve.

hi...
shall we call him ph-reebone from now on...lol

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
i like it a lot, the over fenders would look better colour coded though, also very intrested to see how this turns out :) 10 outta 10 buddy

RSC 172
I'm going to have to beg for the colour-coded photos! I'm VERY eager to do this!

May I also ask where you bought your particular set? Because I've been finding it difficult to get them in the correct size to fit the Clio.

Clio 172
just remember i was the first to actually put them on! lol ;)

ill take some photos today and post them tonight!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Haha!
LOL at "Mr Fast Car" sticking.

i really hope it doesn't....lol

just remember i was the first to actually put them on! lol ;)
ill take some photos today and post them tonight!

fair play.... i thought it would be a massive amount of work to get them to look right
so what yu doing wheel wise?

that will be the decidding factor for me, otherwise i can't see the point in the nicest possible way

S4 Avant
.....and I'm out.

Clios don't really suit overfenders... but if it's for hill climbs, then function over form and all that jazz, so fair play to you.

alien green rs133
i like someone being different from the norm, and your sticker on the back window i designed and put in our ebay shop at work, nice to see one on a car :D