ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new v6 owner..

hello to all ..just saying hi to all renault owners out there....have had a v6 clio (no.148)in mars red ....now for 2 weeks and loving it ....previous car and still have her is a l reg 19 16v chamade ....

im well impressed with the new toy and have read a few of the owners saying the grin never stops ...i have to agree...

would like to know what experiences you have all had from the car and trouble spots....

have any had any track time and also had some things to adjust if possible ...ie tyre pressures etc...

cheers for all info inadvance

and if anyone would like a good place to meet up ..i run a waterski company in sheffield ...great fun as the suns coming out...

til later

shawn

www.laverdaman.co.uk

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 11 May 2005

you will keep on smiling, and smiling and smiling if you are like me.

I told you to remove those love eggs!!! ;)

Oh, hello and welcome to CS, and yes you will become a cheshire cat :D

she is a mark one with 13,000 miles on her .just starting to understand the car a little now but lots more to find out ..she can be a biit brutal at times.....yes the skiing is at rother valley....a mate of mine owns the cable ski....its great fun if youve never tried it ...can easily organise a cheap day on the water to learn how to wakeboard if you like ..would be nice to see a line of clios together..mine gets so many looks at the mo its madness ..just think what a few would do to pull in the crowds....

oh yes and the bar is soon to open on the site too....water ..birds and beer ..what more could you ask for..

til later

shawn

clio v6

mk1 in red...same as me...did you know you have 1 of only 23 ever made in red???

www.carltongarage.fsnet.co.uk

[Edited by clarkiev6 on 12 May 2005 at 10:46am]

hi again guys and gals ...thanks for a warming welcome....

to answer the question ..yes i new i was getting one of i thought 25 but 23 is good...i tried a silver one up for sale at a dealers and it had been mullered ....they did not look after it so i opted for my original choice from a friend of a friend so to speak ....he was only 23 and paying £4400 insurance and he could not bring himself to do it ....so ...now i have the pleasure....thanks to him for treating her very well.....

i knocked him down to 13,600 ...reckon i got a very good deal there.

not sure on all yours ages but im 35 and have only had a car licence something like 6years and paid about £650 in total for insurance ...any tips for next year....or is that not to bad...

any laverda lovers out there too...???or the rs aprilia......(big kid inside me ) they are just too much fun...

hope to see some owners by at rother valley some time ..more than welcome ..especialy as the met office have notified a pal of mine that a 2 month heat wave is coming this way very soon....got a dilema there ...bike or car....any one else have the same problem every morning?/

ok enough for now

shawn

In an earlier reply you said "water......birds and beer........what more could you ask for"................answer..................a Vee................wait a minute Ive got one eh :D

Then you mentioned that the lad you bought the car from was 23 and paying £4400 for insurance :eek:.................how come I got my car when I was 20 (21 a month ago) and Im paying £2540........but we know its worth every penny eh :D

And like the others I havent stopped grinning since I got it and some of the reactions are hilarious eh yeah :D

Cya Stu

PS Hiya and enjoy (y)

Quote: Originally posted by clarkiev6 on 12 May 2005

here is mine.....

http://www.cliosport.net/members/photos/KXCUQNRCUT.jpghttp://www.cliosport.net/members/photos/KXCUQNRCUT.jpg

Very nice, love the RED ones best of all....;) did you know that there are only 17 Mars red Mk2 RHDs in the UK too....seems that people dont like getting red V6 clios.....are they mad???lol:cry:

still, makes the red ones even more exclusive....:D

BTW, Hello and welcome to the V6 club matey......enjoy...

Simon

Clio V6 255

Cool cars arent they!!!!!!

i love mine

simonV6 how did you find out the number of red vees on the road?

mines a silver 255

Yeah Reds do seem to be very rare for V6s, Mk1 and Mk2 :D

23 Mk1 and only (so far) 17 Mk2, so that only 40 Red clio V6s in the whole UK, nice :D

bet your Red 5 turbo is even rarer though?:D

Simon.

Clio RS 172 Ph2

Welcome - £13600 for a RED one is phoenominally cheap! You normally have to pay £13,500 for a *common* silver one (common - thats a laugh isnt it), whereas the red / blue ones tend to go for a good £1500-£2500 on top.

Mind you, I was a lucky b*stard, and picked up my silver one for £11k... Lucky, and quick!

Ive had mine 3 weeks, and the grin only stops when you get out of the car..., and then you look back at it as you walk away, and it comes back again!

BTW - went to uni in sheffield, though only go up there now to see the BLADES, or when on business that way!

[Edited by 137699 on 13 May 2005 at 1:27pm]

welcome laverdamancouk,
all this talk of v6s is making me want one, may be in a year or so i will think about it.

clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 13 May 2005

Yeah Reds do seem to be very rare for V6s, Mk1 and Mk2 :D

23 Mk1 and only (so far) 17 Mk2, so that only 40 Red clio V6s in the whole UK, nice :D

bet your Red 5 turbo is even rarer though?:D

Simon.

only 40 left in the country....allegedly...

Congratulations, I got mine about two weeks ago (Silver MKI No. 1188) and havent stopped smiling since. :)

Mines in for a full service next week while theres still a bit of warranty left. They are going to replace my steering wheel trim, my right rear exhaust plastic mount which has cracked, and an underbody plastic piece below the engine.

Stu, a full service at the only Renault authorized dealer here is HKD $2400, which equates to about 166 GBP. There are 1 or 2 local shops that can provide a service as well, but as special as the vee is, I rather be paying the price for service at an authorized shop.

After next weeks service and a much needed wash n wax, Ill have more pictures to share in additional to what was posted http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=13&TopicID=158873&PagePosition=5before. :)

About the registration number, thats what it reads on the interior plate. Is there some sort of registry for vee owners?