ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Tyres for the trophy ?

R27 427/500 ALBI
Seen lots of threads on tyres and small reviews on tyres but non seem to add up.

My trophy is ready for new tyres all i have ever run it on is Pe2's but now i have found out i can not get them anywhere .

I do alot of millage 20 miles + a day plus my tottering about millage soon wear and tear soon adds up as you can tell.

What will be a good tyre replacement ? Costs ? Good dealers or northwest tyre dealers ??

Any help would be fantastic i dont want to pay silly prices if they wear quick which i find Pilots do .

Leigh

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Personally I'd get hankook v12's. I think the ps3 is the direct Michelin replacement.

182 Trophy
I am also in need of replacing 4 PE2s on my trophy. From my endless research, it appears that the PS3s are a direct replacement & they offer on par levels of grip in the dry & more grip in the wet. I have also read many reviews stating that they are slightly quieter (ie road noise) & will wear at the same rate as PE2s (which is a long time)

The best price I have found is from Camskill (these are located in cumbria so not too far from you either). I managed to get 4 PS3s inc delivery for £397. Obviously I will then need to factor in fitting/balancing costs, but it will still work out the cheapest option for me.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Check if Costco have any offers on. They usually have an annual short term offer for 20% off four Michelins (it's all they sell). Worth looking to see if it's up & running yet as nowhere came close when i picked up my last set.

I am also in need of replacing 4 PE2s on my trophy. From my endless research, it appears that the PS3s are a direct replacement & they offer on par levels of grip in the dry & more grip in the wet. I have also read many reviews stating that they are slightly quieter (ie road noise) & will wear at the same rate as PE2s (which is a long time)

The best price I have found is from Camskill (these are located in cumbria so not too far from you either). I managed to get 4 PS3s inc delivery for £397. Obviously I will then need to factor in fitting/balancing costs, but it will still work out the cheapest option for me.

Check out Event-tyres mate. http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/

I'm in the same situation as you and they can do 4 PS3s for £432 fitted, balanced etc. 4 PE2s are also available for £476.

They also come to your house and fit them at a time that's best for you.
Get very good reviews on Pistonheads so i'm going to give them a shot.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

The best price I have found is from Cam
skill (these are located in cumbria so not too far from you either). I managed to get 4 PS3s inc delivery for £397. Obviously I will then need to factor in fitting/balancing costs, but it will still work out the cheapest option for me.

Hankook V12's will work out loads cheaper than that and are a stunning tyre...

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
iv just bought some micheln pilot exaltos came highly recommended.

182 Trophy
Check out Event-tyres mate. http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/

I'm in the same situation as you and they can do 4 PS3s for £432 fitted, balanced etc. 4 PE2s are also available for £476.

They also come to your house and fit them at a time that's best for you.
Get very good reviews on Pistonheads so i'm going to give them a shot.

Just had Event-tyres at my place of work to fit 4 new Michelin PS3 tyres. I cannot recommend these guys enough for their cost, timekeeping, customer support, workmanship etc.