ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Twingo RS Marketing shots

C

Clio_Craig

i would consider one if the price was rite, but its going to be expensive isnt it
the photoshop is how i wud have it

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It will be available for £10k i reckon, can get 197 cups for £12.5k-£13k can't you?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah i agree with the retail, but anyone who pays retail for a Renault is silly.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
pity the rear is a bit of an afterthought, but some other nice touches, will appeal to a market thats for sure, but dont think it will be as successful as the 197/ 225/230

C

Clio_Craig

well for me it would be perfect, small quick car, looks great,potentialy easier to insure than a 2.0 clio.
with some work done, what kind of performance you guys reckon is achievable

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Yeah i agree with the retail, but anyone who pays retail for a Renault is silly.

Lol fair play, that's a fact. Although my local dealer tells me renault won't let them do as much off the Twingo yet as they can with the Clio. Doesn't bother me, I mean there are shedloads of pre-reg Twingo GTs out there with 10 miles or so on the clock at about 7-7.5k, so yeah, a few months after the RS Twingo comes out you'll no doubt be able to get it closer to 10k, which in all likelihood you won't be able to do with its main rival, the 500 Abarth.

Although my local dealer tells me renault won't let them do as much off the Twingo yet as they can with the Clio. Doesn't bother me, I mean there are shedloads of pre-reg Twingo GTs out there with 10 miles or so on the clock at about 7-7.5k

Where? I've not found one for less than £8500 or thereabouts yet even with 2k on the clock. So maybe £8k, but certainly nowhere near £7k.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Although my local dealer tells me renault won't let them do as much off the Twingo yet as they can with the Clio. Doesn't bother me, I mean there are shedloads of pre-reg Twingo GTs out there with 10 miles or so on the clock at about 7-7.5k

Where? I've not found one for less than £8500 or thereabouts yet even with 2k on the clock. So maybe £8k, but certainly nowhere near £7k.

Bloody typical. I saw at least 3 on auto trader last week at no more than 7.5k and now the cheapest one's £8366. Grrrr, I retract my previous statement.:mad:

Shed.
Although IMHO it needs silvervisions and the exhaust is pretty ghey........Rear end needs more tlc, but ive got my heart set on it now :)

RB 182 Cup
woof! wonder if k-tec are planning on flogging any parts for it, imagine that on KW's with a Miltek exhaust. fun time!

dk

911 GTS Cab
i think it looks very nice, they've done a great job!

Just hope the interior is given the same treatment.

J03

MX5 1.8
saw a twingo on the road other day, from the front it looks 'cute' with its bulbly bulging round headlamps and the overall front shape, but towards the back its like WTF??.. rs looks cool

Lee

BMW M2C
Its no even a bench in the rear its two seats im sure

That's the point, two more supportive seperate seats which can be moved around individually. It's got bags of room in the back too. The front seats are up there with the standard ones in a 197, and they're fantastic.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
odd thing to say!

I bet it doesent handle properly though. I come back to the good old saying:

"you can't polish a turd"

Same chassis as the Clio 2. So, same as your Ph2 172 judging from the details under your Av heh ;)

Be interesting to see what the tuners can remap the 1.2T too as the 1.6 in the RS only has like 35bhp more as standard or something. Remapped 1.2T with the extra torque for £2k less list price anyone heh.

Dan

pity the rear is a bit of an afterthought, but some other nice touches, will appeal to a market thats for sure, but dont think it will be as successful as the 197/ 225/230

yup, the exhaust looks poo for something with hot hatch aspirations.

could do with a 197 style diffuser and twin exhaust