ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Twingo RS Marketing shots

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
looks good! If it's under 10k new i'd consider one.

The gf is getting maybe getting this in february. Why is it the r28 is naturally aspirated but the gt is turbo charged

RS Megane DCi 175
Tidy.
Sitting a little high though. I'd have one albeit with a nice +40mm drop.

It's going to be the new VTR no doubt.

I like the look of it, but it's not quick enough for me to buy one. If it was similar to the 1*2's then I'd be seriously interested, but it'd be too close to the 197.

RS Megane DCi 175
shopqt7.jpg

2min 'shop - looks good eh?

RS Megane DCi 175
No way, the ordinary 100bhp GT is 9995, so the RS will be 12k or thereabouts. Meh.

i dont think it will sell.

a fiesta ST can be had for sub 10K, citron C2VTS for less. and it has a gay name. IMO

I'm still interested in the RS Twingo even though I have an ST. If it's performance/££ you want then there are probably better options than the Twingo, but I'm wanting to see what running costs, tunability and insurance is like on the Twingo - as no doubt that'd be cheaper than the ST.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
^^Think I'd be inclined to agree. Or boy racers who can't afford 197s might get them instead. I'd rather wait until winter and then ask about a 197 - the deals you can get in december are amazing.

However... if I wanted something cheaper to run than my 182, I might look at one nearly new or something, cos I know renaultsport know what they're doing. That or an abarth 500/Punto.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
I'm still interested in the RS Twingo even though I have an ST. If it's performance/££ you want then there are probably better options than the Twingo, but I'm wanting to see what running costs, tunability and insurance is like on the Twingo - as no doubt that'd be cheaper than the ST.

Think I'd go for the ST! Unless the interior of the RS Twingo is much improved over the standard ones.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
i think i'd have a ST too. they look good. can be tuned, can be fixed by any garage because its a ford, plus i realy dont like the name.

if it was a 1.4 turbo or 1.6 turbo i'd think twice. 133bhp is alot from a na 1.6 so dont think youd get much more out of it. 1998/99 1.8 16v were only getting 120 bhp

Black Gold with cup packs
I feel they should put a a turbo charged 1.6 engine in, or wind the engine up to 197 bhp like the clio. I know this will probably not happen though because they will not want to take any marketing off the clio. :(

Black Gold with cup packs
I wonder if Fiat will sort out their dodgy electrical problems in their new range? the 500 Arbarth looks good!

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
also Whatcar says the servicing cost over 3 years for a fiesta ST is £680. a GT twingo is £763 so add at least £100 on top for the RS version. it all ads up.

I wonder if Fiat will sort out their dodgy electrical problems in their new range? the 500 Arbarth looks good!

What was wrong with the old range?

I had a 2005 Punto from brand new and never had any electrical problems. Only problem I had was a gasket.

the shape reminds me of a citroen alot. and the starting price on these is ment to be 13000 but i doubt you wouldnt be able to haggle them to under 11500

I had a go in a Twingo GT on Saturday and I loved it, interior seemed incredibly small but as the other half is getting the sensible car (new Focus) I am very very tempted once I know what's happening with my job in two months, the rear seats would probably come straight out and go under the bed anyway.

Hated the door handles, but apart from that it was pretty smart. Ticked most of the boxes (economy, tax, insurance, fun), just need to get a good price on one. I got the feeling Renault are pushing them quite hard (the showroom only had Twingos in it!) so I imagine there are deals to be had.