ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New TV time.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
What is the best technology/backlighting??

Is there like a rating or something for the different types used?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yup, OLED is always going to be better than a LED/LCD sandwich panel. Blacks are nuts.
You pay for it though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The oleds haven't dropped much at all due to tech reaching a current peak.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
How was/is it Chris?

I'm in the exact same place as you and similar budget. From looking online they seem to push having 10bit ?!?
I bumped my budget up in the end mate, so ended up with a 55" Samsung 😂
It's just arrived today so I'll update once I've had a play around with it later.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
I bumped my budget up in the end mate, so ended up with a 55" Samsung 😂
It's just arrived today so I'll update once I've had a play around with it later.
Which one, there are several in the price range and only vary slightly in difference.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Any update on it chap? Tried it with gaming? Frame rate okay?
Sorry yeah, work's been mental this week as people are off!
It was a bit of a task to get it properly calibrated with HDR varying so much depending on what you're viewing, but I've got it dialled now.
Normally I'd stay away from "gaming modes" on TVs as it usually ruins everything apart from the latency. Seems to be great on this though!
Currently, I have a launch Xbox One, not an S, so I can't output HDR content when gaming, but when I get the One X in November it'll be nuts. I've streamed 4K One X content via YouTube to give me an idea of how it'll look (Forza 7 - 60fps@4K) and it's amazing

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Sorry yeah, work's been mental this week as people are off!
It was a bit of a task to get it properly calibrated with HDR varying so much depending on what you're viewing, but I've got it dialled now.
Normally I'd stay away from "gaming modes" on TVs as it usually ruins everything apart from the latency. Seems to be great on this though!
Currently, I have a launch Xbox One, not an S, so I can't output HDR content when gaming, but when I get the One X in November it'll be nuts. I've streamed 4K One X content via YouTube to give me an idea of how it'll look (Forza 7 - 60fps@4K) and it's amazing

Right that's me sold! whats the frame rate on yours, 1300?

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Samsung, great shout.
Even regular Xbox One games look so sharp, and actually, connected my 360 the other week and even the old Splinter Cell games look pretty good.

Enjoy! Be interested to hear how the One X plays, don't think I'll be upgrading sadly :confused:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Samsung, great shout.
Even regular Xbox One games look so sharp, and actually, connected my 360 the other week and even the old Splinter Cell games look pretty good.

Enjoy! Be interested to hear how the One X plays, don't think I'll be upgrading sadly :confused:

Cheers. Everything looks great on it, but only having a launch Xbox One at the moment, I can't use HDR.
Excited to see what the X looks like on it, seeing as that's the reason that I bought it!