ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New tv setup advise (home cinema guys)

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
After some advise,

Move in to our new home in 3 weeks, ordered my tv this week which is 55" and will be wall mounted. I want to mount the tv without a unit below and ideally have my sky box hidden somewhere else in the house or room if un noticable.

My aerial socket is at the other side of the room, looking at where it is i reckon the only way to get it to the wall will be under the floor. My original plan was to have the skybox upstairs and then use the magic eye to control.

Has anyone carried out similar or am i creating more hasle than its worth?

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
when doing my setup i removed the aerial socket, connected the aerial lead to the inside of the socket, then ran the cable through the hole behind the wall to a hole I made at the back of where the TV was mounted. Benefits of plasterboard walls.

2007 clio dynamique
Do you have sky q or just the hd box ? Just thinking if you have sky q , have the main box wherever you like and the maybe slip the multiroom box down the back of the tv if space allows , the remotes use bluetooth so should work fine

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have sky q or just the hd box ? Just thinking if you have sky q , have the main box wherever you like and the maybe slip the multiroom box down the back of the tv if space allows , the remotes use bluetooth so should work fine

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I've still to order sky mate but will probably be sky q! How does that work then, does the multiroom box work wirelessly?

2007 clio dynamique
I've still to order sky mate but will probably be sky q! How does that work then, does the multiroom box work wirelessly?
Yes , the multi room boxes work wirelessly from the main box , everything is stored on the main q box and the live tv is streamed from the main box aswell so the only cable needed to the multiroom box is a power cable and hdmi

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Only problem is that the mini boxes don't do 4K so if your nice new shiney Tv is 4K then you will need to have the main box connected up.

Ahh thats that idea out then as 4k is needed.

@DannyR is probably the man for the answers to all your TV/Tech questions.

Cheers mate!

Looking around online at different options using hdmi ethernet etc. The distance is no greater than 6 metres so i think i might just hide the box at the oppisate side of the room where the sat plugs are then run the hdmi cable under the floor to the tv wall. From what i read this distance should be ok with a hdmi cable still...

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
I use a hdmi over ethernet to duplicate my lounge tv onto the one in the bedroom. Basically multiroom without paying £10 a month but oviously can only watch one channel at once. Bonus is though I can watch my recorded material on either tv.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet®-HDMI-Extender-over-Single/dp/B013T502CI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477757380&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi+over+ethernet+neet
Mine are twin ethernet though.

And they work very well too, even as good as proper hdbaset ones that cost 10x as much. This is the Neet one you want, it has a hdmi loop out so you won't even need a splitter:

Neet® HDMI Extender over Single Cat 6 with IR Control + HDMI Loop out - 1080p Full HD 3D - 50m - N72Pro V2 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013T5IQH6/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
And they work very well too, even as good as proper hdbaset ones that cost 10x as much. This is the Neet one you want, it has a hdmi loop out so you won't even need a splitter:

Neet® HDMI Extender over Single Cat 6 with IR Control + HDMI Loop out - 1080p Full HD 3D - 50m - N72Pro V2 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013T5IQH6/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Damn it. I ended up getting a separate splitter and mine is twin cat6. I swear they launch a better one every week!

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
I use a hdmi over ethernet to duplicate my lounge tv onto the one in the bedroom. Basically multiroom without paying £10 a month but oviously can only watch one channel at once. Bonus is though I can watch my recorded material on either tv.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet®-HDMI-Extender-over-Single/dp/B013T502CI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477757380&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi+over+ethernet+neet
Mine are twin ethernet though.

Cheers chaps this is exactly what im after! Just need to find the easiest way to get the wires around the house lol.