ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new to xbox need some advise

none :(
got a 360 the other day, set it up on line, downloaded some demos etc, but when i went to play online it said the following....
your gamer profile does not have the correct permission to access xbbox live functionality

what does this mean, do i need xbox live gold, i thought u got a month free with ur xbox, seen it on the dash for £2 for 2 months, how easy is it to cancel after the 2 months, cause i dont fancy paying 5,99 pm when u can get it for £30 for the year.

also need some gamertag to add lol

If you bought your 360 new you should have a scratch card in the box that entitles you to a months gold.

If I were you I'd just buy an instant code from t'internet (you pay they email you code; ie: eBay, ShopTo) rather than getting it direct from ms. Tends to be cheaper in the long run, and its a complete ballache to cancel a direct debit with them iirc.

This info could well be out of date as I haven't touched my 360 in a few years..

Megane
The DD is a massive pain in the ass to cancel, I had to delete my profile as advised my Microsoft which was gay. Voucher codes are much better I normally just do 3 months.

Megane
I did they advised me I would have to delete my profile something to do with my card details would always be on the account which I wasn't keen on. The DD got stopped but I wanted my details to be removed as well.

Nobble, message youre gettin mate just means you havent got an active xbox live membership, best Bet is to buy a code from Flea Bay as mentioned above, works out cheaper in the long run tbh.

Same as you Plum, i add my card to buy things then remove it after. Easily removed when you sign into xbox.com