ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to the forum - check out my new purchase!!

182 rb
Hi all,

After owning over 80 cars, varying from Subaru Imprezza to BMW M3's, and getting bored very quickly a friend of mine said 'I know something that will make you smile" and gave me the keys to this little beauty.

The car has been repainted in maive nissan blue, with metallic black roof and mouldings. Car is sat on H&R coilovers, upgraded pads - DS2500's, cam's, fully stripped for the track - minus the roll cage! ((on the way soon!!))

The car drives like it's on steriods, the handling is absolutely amazing, along with brakes which are so pin-sharp.... I've never smiled so much before with a car and to think a french car could do this, as i'm a german car lover through and through!!! ... Maybe that is about to change and i might actually keep this for more than my usual couple of months!

Love you to know what you guys think as you are the professionals...

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I was thinking that was an Iceberg plus deranged camera! But I guess not... looks good :) I don't mind the bonnet actually, it's different and at least not an F50 one or anything!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Tbh I like it, the colour is nice and the things on it look purpose full.

I do suggest uprated engine mounts and some light weight 15inch wheel if this is a track car through and through (make the most of the lack of interior and all that stuff)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I like it, it's different but it's alright, debadged rear looks really good,
I wish I could be arsed to fill the two holes the 'Clio' badge leaves on mine.

What happens when it rains though, does your airbox fill up with water?

Sport 172 flame Red
This car has been floating about eBay for the last 6 months. I was tempted to buy it back in November! It's a pretty cool car, enjoy it!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Love the colour and actually like the bonnet idea, personally I'd try to engineer a solution that allows it to feed directly to the filter, but with some offset slats so the water doesn't make it down there either. At the moment that meter or tubing is probably making it not overly effective.

Nice car though, I'm a fan. Get it on some 15 inch wheels, o.z ultra/super legeras or some team dynamic 1.2's. It'll drive a whole lot better again then.

182 rb
Yea 100% agree the tubing is far to long so will re disign something better for that,there are drain holes at the bottom of air box did check this befour washing the car lol,not sure as for wheel choice but I see alot of clio owners on here with 15s so I guess they drive better on 15s ?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Yea 100% agree the tubing is far to long so will re disign something better for that,there are drain holes at the bottom of air box did check this befour washing the car lol,not sure as for wheel choice but I see alot of clio owners on here with 15s so I guess they drive better on 15s ?

An awful lot better, 15 inch wheels and whiteline ARB are the best mods for handling and feel of the drive you can get.

But like I said before look at solid engine mounts as that will also be good for a track car.

182 rb
Best get looking for some 15s and the engine mounts,ktec for engine mounts? As for my old cars will get some pics up tomorrow got a couple you might like l

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Kam racing or eBay for the mounts m8.

Dog bone is powerflex items that you press in yourself.

182 rb
Thanks dan for the info,the mounts can't make it any more harsh than it allready is lol,the only issue I have with the car at the mo is the rear shocks are very knocky over bumps

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Thanks dan for the info,the mounts can't make it any more harsh than it allready is lol,the only issue I have with the car at the mo is the rear shocks are very knocky over bumps

Hmm not harsher but it will cause more vibrations to pass into the cabin.

And maybe worth checking how tight the mounting bolts are on the shocks m8 or for any leaks

Black Gold Trophy
I like it, looks like the headlight adjuster is broken on the nearside headlamp though, or it's aimed very low! :)