ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new to detailing any advice would be highly appreciated

200bhp itb'd iceberg
hi all bought my second clio on saturday 52 plate 172 on itb's from a forum member sean. now credit to him the car is immaculate inside and out and beeing the new owner i want to keep it that way
ive had a read through the detailing guide just want to know what products youd recomend?
ive been out and bought meguiars wash mit, meguuiars gold class shampoo and wax, meguiars water magnet drying towel and meguiars next generation tech wax
looking for a polish, wheel cleaner and protector and a sealer/protector for the body work

any help would be really appreciated :)

Jono

Polish, Super Resin from Auto Glym.

Wheel cleaner, AG Engine and Machine cleaner, polish, then seal with poorboys wheel seal. Then you will only need warm soapy water.

Extra gloss protection for simple sealent, Chem Guys Blitz for better stuff.

Done.

200bhp itb'd iceberg
Polish, Super Resin from Auto Glym.

Wheel cleaner, AG Engine and Machine cleaner, polish, then seal with poorboys wheel seal. Then you will only need warm soapy water.

Extra gloss protection for simple sealent, Chem Guys Blitz for better stuff.

Done.

ive been told i shouldnt use some auto glym stuff as its not very good?

im after a clay bar aswell

the wheels have been painted in ford graphite grey if i use that wheel cleaner it wouldnt bring paint off?

forgot to mention its an iceberg silver 172

Jono

Lies. All lies.

Clay bar, Megs quick clay kit from Halfrauds is the quickest and easiest option.

Not engine and machine cleaner, no. But acidic cleaners like Wonder Wheels etc will make the paint look dull.

You won't need to use wheel cleaner all the time.. Just once, then polish/seal the wheels.. Then just soapy water after that..

These threads seem to come up almost daily now.

200bhp itb'd iceberg
thanks lads will have to get my self some more products and give it a goin over at the weekend the weathers so s**t round here atm though :(