ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New T.V

Golf
Bought me self a new 32" T.V for me room the other weekend, upgraded from a really old portable lol but it did the job untill it broke. Any way its a 1080i and 720p whatever that means but the picture is s**t, pixels are really noticeable and a dont think its too big for me room, anyone else getting new T.V's and thought the pictures c**p

dk

911 GTS Cab
if its terrestrial through an aeriel then its not going to look good, especially if you are standing close to it to try and pick fault.

Need to be about 6ft away to appreciate it and give it a HD source to get the full benefit i'm afraid, not as forgiving as CRT's are.

Golf
Am watching it threw me cable box, ave got a HDMI cable for when a use the PS3 but even the picture on that aint great, think it might be because am too close

330Ci (Fail)Sport
What TV is it?

You shouldn't see too much pixelation on a freeview signal though. My 40" isn't too bad with freeview.

If its still within guarantee period, take it back saying you're not happy.

Golf
Havent set the freeview up although a imagine it would be better, got the full package on me virgin box so want to be using that

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Not sure tbh, tune your freeview in and compare signal quality with virgin box.

Have a fiddle with the setting on the V box. Sky boxes have a pal/rgb output mode for scarts, rgb is optimum and can make noticeable difference.

Try you PS3 at 720p and 1080i and see what looks best. Even try 1080p as some tvs will accept this signal even if they cant output it.

Failing all that, if it is still crap, take it back.

Depends on the make / model tbh. If you've bought a cheap TV, you can't expect fantastic picture quality. You get what you pay for.

Did you view the TV in store before buying? What did you think to the PQ then?
If it's really bad, there could be something wrong with it.

Oil Burner
Not sure tbh, tune your freeview in and compare signal quality with virgin box.

Have a fiddle with the setting on the V box. Sky boxes have a pal/rgb output mode for scarts, rgb is optimum and can make noticeable difference.

Try you PS3 at 720p and 1080i and see what looks best. Even try 1080p as some tvs will accept this signal even if they cant output it.

Failing all that, if it is still crap, take it back.

If it accepts it it will only downscale it back to 720p/1080i again.

Just about everyone who buys a new tv moving on from a crt comes back to me (work in shop selling tv's) saying exactly the same thing. The normal culprits are:

Our rubbish signal in our area on freeview, combined with vintage ariel, using £1.50 scart leads from sainsburys.

The second culprit is, they normally go from a 28" CRT to a 32/37" LCD. LCD's are not as forgiving to the analogue/digital picture, and they normally sit with their noses pushed up again the screen. The correct viewing distance for a 32" is much further than most people are aware.

I havent noticed a post saying what tv it is yet, it may well be a cheap and chearfull tv, in which case you get what you pay for im affraid. Otherwise try it on an HD source with ideally an HDMI if its still rubbish return it. Try and do it within 28days, otherwise it can be a pain for the retailer to sort.

Golf
Ok model is TOSHIBA 32AV555DB. Am sitting approximately 8ft away from the screen, carnt move it any further back.

Golf
Lol no bother, to be fair the picture's only bad when its focusing on one main thing, stuff in the background then looks pixelated (sp).

2014 Focus Titanium
To view HD you need to have a HD input, otherwise it will always be pixelated. It it is still pixelated with the PS3 then there is definitely something wrong, should be crisp as anything!

german
I recently got the best panasonic 32 inch money could buy and the picture was shite on freeview. Got Virgin and fine now.

Golf
To view HD you need to have a HD input, otherwise it will always be pixelated. It it is still pixelated with the PS3 then there is definitely something wrong, should be crisp as anything!

Its got 2 HDMI inputs, its not as bad on me PS3. Think it might just be because a was a tight c**t :(

Golf
Ok update, sorted out me freeview and the pictures fine, the picture when am using the ps3 is now fine so its just when am using me virgin media box. Could the problem be me virgin media box ?

Octy VRS
Ok update, sorted out me freeview and the pictures fine, the picture when am using the ps3 is now fine so its just when am using me virgin media box. Could the problem be me virgin media box ?
I think you may have answered your own question there. I also had a virgin's box and it was fine, infact some broadcasts were extremely good especially movies on demand.

Arctic 182FF
have a dive into the picture settings menu, a mate of mine has a similar tosh from the same series and when it was new the settings were awful... backlight far too high, colours too saturated (everyone looked sunburnt!), contrast too high, picture processing stuff turned up too high ruining the picture (MPEG NR etc.) we had a good play with the settings and got it looking far better