ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Astra CDTI SRI
It's out on Friday, who's getting it?

Personally it'll be the first time I have turned on the Wii since finishing Mario Kart.

Can't wait though!

[gt]59073[/gt]

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Looks good, but perhaps a step backwards? Especially considering Mario Galaxy 2 will completely stuff it up the arse.

Revels Mum & Sister
I do not see how it can be a step back when it is a meant to be a 2D scroller. Not a 3D game like Galaxy?

koi

Audi S1
the wii's been gathering dust for a while so will need to charge up the batteries once this comes out

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I do not see how it can be a step back when it is a meant to be a 2D scroller. Not a 3D game like Galaxy?

In the way that 2D was so 10 years ago. Things have moved on now and the Wii is capable of far better. Saying that, I'm not saying it's a bad game, as it does look great and definitely a 2D classic sprinkled with win. But most games have left the 2D platform now and have moved on.

Revels Mum & Sister
Things have moved on, but the idea works and provides hours of gaming fun. Lots of games make use of tech and are plain crap. Mario 2D is ALL about gameplay!

Very few games have had, well actually none have had the success of Mario. Mario is basically 2D.

I don't think things have moved on, we've just lost an entire genre, same goes point and click adventures, not bettered, just pretty much gone.

I can't wait, seems like a very 'pure' game.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I am still glad I got rid of the Wii though lol, even if that does look epic.

Goliath I
I wouldnt’ say it was a step back but more a step forwards. In this day and age games always have to be bigger and better, yet fun can still be had from smaller and simpler. Going back to its roots is a great idea and other games should follow suite

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Sometimes certain games work better in 2D than 3D imho.... Sonic for one!. However, at least Mario can work in 3D unlike the latter!.

RIP Dan
my experience of wii gaming.

I'm sure its lots of fun, just not for me.

Surely you could get into another mario bros game?

I'm 39 and defo will give this a blast over the winter.

Not a massive games geek either.

Although I did have an unhealthy obsession with MK Wii:eek:

A silver one
This game is fantastic. Proper old skool Mario. The attention to detail is immense. Four player multiplayer is great as well.

Only gripes are you can't use Yoshi more and why only Toads as players 3 & 4!

A4 Avant & A3
I'm 39 and defo will give this a blast over the winter.

Not a massive games geek either.

Although I did have an unhealthy obsession with MK Wii:eek:

I'm the same.. altought not quite 39 ;) (not far off though)
I'm not and have never been much of a gamer, can't sit for hours playing the things.
But mario kart... love it, (i'm one for simple games, can't cope with more then 2 buttons!!)
Will be getting the new mario from the few comments on here it seems worth the cash.
I never did have a nes/snes when i was younger.. going back to my youth!