ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New stealth exhaust maybe

Monaco 172 2/468
My exhaust has kindly blown up on me, the mid pipe section split open, and now the neighbours look at me like a 17 year old idiot, with my rally sounding car :D

So, just wanting your advice on what to replace. I could just get the mid pipe replaced I suppose, but I see a lot of you get that K-Tec Stealth Exhaust

The whole exhaust system is 5 years old, apart from the silencer, which is about 2 years old, should I get the mid section fixed, or buy the K-Tec kit, what do you guys think ?

I mean one guy was saying like £180 to sort the mid section out, thats why I was thinking about the K-Tec.

Cheers
Andy

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
neva had a problem with my stealth...I like it. Alot don't...The New stealth is different to mine tho.

I've got a new stealth and its been fine so far, although I've only had it a month. Build quality seems up to scratch, and it isn't blowing or rattling. Nice noise too

Turbos.
I have an older one... sounds a bit pants till warmed up, makes an exotic noise on steady throttle, makes a decent bit of volume at WOT, and is quiet if you want it to be. However on the motorway around 65mph it is boomy.

Mines more of a hum at 70-80mph, and seems to be getting quieter the older it gets. Idling and low revs its quiet except for a very deep note, you can more feel it than hear it... Is nowhere near as loud as when it first went on the car

Monaco 172 2/468
Something like this. (decat and maxogen in there aswell)

http://media.putfile.com/172vs182

Cool vid mate :cool:

I don't really use the motorways, so thats not a big problem anyway, I just don't want anything too noisy at low revs, but i'd like it to sound good when flooring it, so it sounds like this could be ok.

I couldn't really de-cat my car, as I can't do it myself, and paying someone to switch it over for MOT sounds like an expensive pastime :S

I am interested in the stealth too - just wanna hear one first!

Surely some kind CS user has the new Stealth and will post an audio clip for us??? :D

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Does the stealth use normal mounts, and would any numpty (me) be able to fit it?

172 MKII FF
Come on someone must have a sound clip of a non de-cat with k-tec stealth (new one). I am looking at putting one on my car and don't want it noisy - i don't really know any other stealth which is quiet.

172 MKII FF
Come on someone must have a sound clip of a non de-cat with k-tec stealth (new one). I am looking at putting one on my car and don't want it noisy - i don't really know any other stealth which is quiet.

Well I confirm now that the K-Tec is slightly louder and raspier than the normal exhaust. I went from a Magnex to K-Tec and they are a lot quiter. I love the sound as well.