ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Speakers

Tesla MP3 2021
Yeah its a great bit of kit actually both as an amp and an all round media player :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
indeed, i have diamonds with a denon 1910 amp and it is a brilliant set up. anyone who thinks there speakers are s**t are clearly deaf or a moron

Beyond lol'age - I'm not even going there. Adequate might be a better word than brilliant.

Tesla MP3 2021
Have you actually listened to any of the range or experienced them or is this just your "opinion". They get great reviews on AVF and are used in plenty of decent HIFI and home theatre setups!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I'm not trying to dismiss what you say but a what £200-300 AV amp cannot be called 'excellent' - even the £2,000 exposure amps I used to own cannot be called 'excellent' good/great for the price maybe but not excellent. Not to mention everything else you have to partner with them.

Tesla MP3 2021
Hang on, one minute your talking about the Wharfedale's and now your talking about the amp, which amp... the Marantz??

For what we need the amp (Marantz MCR603) paired with the Diamond 10.4's will be perfect!

SLK 350
Daz, you're suggesting that you cannot use superlatives if a product isn't the very best on the market? You CAN have 'excellent' products that cost £200, they're usually the ones that sound better than others at £500.

AV equipment is fickle, if you want real VFM get some decent second hand kit, stereo amps haven't changed much in the last 10+ years! (Pioneer A400 for example)

MK3 GTI golf 16v
I'm not trying to dismiss what you say but a what £200-300 AV amp cannot be called 'excellent' -

who are you talking too ? because my amp was nearly £500 and was literally the best out at the time without spending basically 1K. not to mention the denon can do pretty much everything possible as far as i am aware....

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Good.

Bye bye!

Indeed, all in one systems and 3 way floorstanders aren't really on my level.

I was trying to be helpful to the op by offering advise on a decent good value stereo setup which he could have if he purchased used items. Instead everyones saying go for av stuff and speakers designed to be a pair of fronts for a surround setup - not exactly helpful.

Read the reviews of his amp then read the reviews of the speakers you mentioned - gonna be shrill city without the mid or bass he wants - a great suggestion there!

I gave him an example of a speaker that punches beyond it's price and has a nice neutral top end and adjustable for his needs.

By the way I've listened to lots of this stuff not read the "reviews" and ordered.

If the OP wants me PM away.

Bye bye!

Polo + Micra
nothing at the mo was going to get a set of monitor audio bx2's to tide me over till i can save up for some floor standers

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Buy the BX2's - You will end up keeping them, brilliant well rounded speakers!