ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New radio code not working

Clio 182 Track Car
Hello all,

I've got a 2004 182 and the radio has never worked as I haven't known the code. The security number is TT160 and a number of sources say that the code number is 6875. I have tried this several times . I get the 6875 on the display then hold button 6 for a few seconds and then I'm getting the error message. There is a hand written label on the top of the case saying that it has been decoded but there aren't any 4 digit numbers that could be a new code. Anyone any ideas ? I've also looked at buying a second hand radio as they are available for £25 but some adverts say check that it is a tuner list radio that you require. Anyone know what this means and how I would check compatability?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Clio 182 Track Car
Hi Chi,

Pictures (hopefully) attached. 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Clio 182 Track Car
Will the fact that the radio has physically been in somewhere to be decoded mean the factory number won't work ?

If I need to buy a replacement, is this a "tuner list " radio ?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi. It shouldn't made a difference. The decoding is probably the shop just unlocked it the way I do but charging you a lot more. Did the code chi offer not work? Bigfoot1969

Clio 182 Track Car
I've tried using 6875 several times but I just get the error message.

I'm going to decode it myself with a really big hammer then buy another off ebay :)

There are photos of radios that look identical to mine but some say "tuner list". Do you know what this means ?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I've tried using 6875 several times but I just get the error message.

I'm going to decode it myself with a really big hammer then buy another off ebay :)

There are photos of radios that look identical to mine but some say "tuner list". Do you know what this means ?

You have a tuner list one and an update list one.

You cant put the other one in your car, only the same as the one thats in as they may look the same but the wiring on them is different.

You say it says 'Error'.

Have you tried letting the radio time itself out.

Sometimes when you enter an incorrect code the radio locks itself, displaying the error message, for a period of time.

To solve this you need to leave the car ignition on, with the radio on as well displaying the error message for sometimes upwards of 30 minutes. This should clear the error message and display the ---- ready for the unlock code to be entered.

Sam!

Clio 182 Track Car
Hi Sam,

When I first switch the radio on it say error for an amount of time and then shows ---- which allows me to enter the code. The amount of time it takes to show ---- has been increasing with every failed attempt. It started around 5 mins but is now over 30mins.

Clio 182 Track Car
My radio says tuner list at the bottom right corner but at the top left corner it says cabasse auditorium tronic. Does that mean anything to you?