ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New R27 owner - needs valuable advice

R27
Hi All,
I am from Singapore and find this forum very useful for my quest to understand my R27 in which i just got it pre-owned. Previously owned a heavily boosted Suzuki Swift Sport. I am looking forward to make my R27 a very special ride via NA.
The car is a 2009 reg R27 with 60k km on the dash.
I have a few questions in which i hope the enlightened one can guide me.

1) From what i know cambelt maintenance is to be done every 60k km. But i read from this forum that Renault revised it to 72k km. Should i wait till 72k km or should i get it done asap? If yes, parts in my country is very rare as there is less than 10x 197 on the street. I need advice on where to buy spare parts online without paying the premium.

2) I am planning to import the full racing system from Supersprint from the Y-pipe(873812) to front pipe(873842) to centre pipe(873813) to rear racing exhaust(873904) to endpipe(873814). My question is will it be too loud for urban driving? or should i use the rear exhaust(873804) instead? Will it affect my low-mid end torque?
http://www.supersprint.com/en/IT/pr...o_iii_20i_rs_197_hp__06_E28093E280BA__09.aspx

3) any intake system to match the above exhaust system? I personally would prefer stock airbox. But I am already feeling the lag of throttle response and poor low-mid end grunge. Will the exhaust mod make it worst?

4) what kind of coolant should i use?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Please keep the comments coming and have a healthy discussion. :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
The cambelt is 72k miles which is 115k in KM.

When you get it done ensure you do aux belt KIT & water pump

S