ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new pics of the GT DCi

GT DCi , Astra MK 5
i think a black vinyl (spelling?) roof would be cool.

wheels i wasnt to keen on in the pics i saw before i got it but they look good in life, im keeping it standard bar a few wee touches i quite fancy a remap for this one as its well off the pace of my mapped dci 100 but ill see how it goes after winter
if you get a remapp let me know how it goes a was looking into that aswell :)

GT DCi , Astra MK 5
is that all factory standard stuff ie alloys and exhausts?? looks really nice and smart, but a diesel?

Yeah mate all factory standard
I do to much miles to buy a petrol that am only gonna get 30 mpg tank last 4 days at the moment in my 1.6 astra :(:(

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
is that all factory standard stuff ie alloys and exhausts?? looks really nice and smart, but a diesel?
yeah mate completely factory standard, why not a diesel?

if you get a remapp let me know how it goes a was looking into that aswell :)
will do mate, Joe @ powertune scotland done my dci100 and was the best thing i ever done, just ended up killing the clutch, not in so much of a hurry to do it with a brand new car lol!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
not sure on the mk3 clutches, obviously it will accelerate the wear still but not sure how they are.

just dont use the torque band constantly on full throttle as the big lump of torque it builds quickly kills the clutch

GT DCi , Astra MK 5
How much of an increase are we talking ????? Would it be worth the remap or just wasting money and the warranty ??

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
How much of an increase are we talking ????? Would it be worth the remap or just wasting money and the warranty ??

from 106bhp 180lb ft to 140bhp 220lb/ft, its worth it money wise, warranty wise, some say its undetectable some say it is, i think its a case of if they look hard enough they will find it but im no expert in ecu's!

GT DCi , Astra MK 5
Mate the wait is killing me lol
I just found out my insurance is 1600 :0
Because I crashed then got 3points the next day:(

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
god awful noise? you cant hear the thing after first gear!, i keep thinking its cut out when im sitting at the lights lol

bah who needs revs when you have torque ive not had it past 3k revs yet!! apart from at 115mph when it was at 3.5k

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
similar engine but has new much quieter injectors, thats why they have done away with the engine cover. outside its quieter but inside its much better due to the better quality cabin, 70mph on the motorway all you can hear is the interior blower rather than engine noise, i was extremely impressed

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive only had 2 slight complaints about mine, the first is they have done away with tweeters for a set of door speakers with tweeters on them, sounds strange, but now im used to them its ok but im looking for a set of front components for it now.

and 2 it was slow, i didnt expect it to be fast but i expected it to be on par with my old 100 before it was mapped, however now its done 1k miles its got much better, either that or ive got used to it but it now feels fine

GT DCi , Astra MK 5
mate the worst of that is its only for a 10 month policy :O

get it on Tuesday and am going up to aviemore on Thursday for some snowboarding if the lecht is open :)

Not a 320d
f**k me im glad imnot 17/18 anymore.

Mind you its still £800 for my 1600cc GT lol. With coils, and 6 points.

Not a 320d
What the hell do you have to pay that much for? I was 21 when i renewed at £800ish. Do you have serious criminal convictions?

GT DCi , Astra MK 5
Ive had it for 3 hours now and I love it the leather is amazing will post pics later it just photos from the old I phone though

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
todays update, cheers to Wests Renault for the badge :)
24112010009.jpg

24112010011b.jpg

24112010012.jpg