ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Phone Help?!

VRS
Yes i know its another which phone thread but here's the situation

ive been with vodafone for years and years but i recently found out that with my dads company i can get £30 off the cost of any handsets and 1/3 off their priceplans

this means my current £35 vodafone contract can be had for around £23 with O2

this will save me a fair whack over the year so i am making the switch

now the obvious phone to look at is the iphone but i think the iphone is the only phone i cant get the offer on (will be ringing up to check 2morrow)

so what phones are there that are any good on O2?

i use the phone mainly for internet and calls/txts, i use the camera a little bit but not a lot

phones ive seen are:

Sony Ericcson C902
Samsung Soul
Samsung Tocco
LG Secret

anyone had any experience of these phones or any others?

ive had sony ericcsons for years so am not too sure what else is out there thats any good

cheers

andy

N95 is prob the best out there I would of thought. I seen an episode of the gadget show where they put the iphone and the N95 together in a series of tests and the Nokia cam out on top in 4/5 tests....can't argue with that.

I was going to get the iphone until I seen the tests on the gadget show.

Mark

VRS
the only thing with the n95 is the imminent release of the n96, if i have an 18month contract i would already have a dated phone, the bonus with the iphone is with apple updates its kind of future proof as far as software goes

Gem

Racing Blue 182
I've got the Sony C902....very very good phone. Although I have noticed it freezes from time to time. Getting a wee bit annoying.

If you can have the iPhone on offer have that...as much as I hate to admit it...its too good an opportunity.

the only thing with the n95 is the imminent release of the n96, if i have an 18month contract i would already have a dated phone, the bonus with the iphone is with apple updates its kind of future proof as far as software goes
I'm guessing you care too much what ppl think? Who gives a toss as long as you like the phone as you pay for it and not them!!

iPhone or the c 902 mate, i will be getting the C902 on O2, when making the switch from voda in a few months.

VRS
I'm guessing you care too much what ppl think? Who gives a toss as long as you like the phone as you pay for it and not them!!

i dont give a sh*t what other people think, they dont see my phone so why would i care? all im saying is if i am getting into another 18month contract i want a phone thats gonna last the duration

i dont give a sh*t what other people think, they dont see my phone so why would i care? all im saying is if i am getting into another 18month contract i want a phone thats gonna last the duration
Well in that case the N95 is a cracking phone mate. Got mine last year before hearing anything about the N95 8GB, and am not even bothered that there is a newer version than my normal N9 as still made up with the phone and it's features.

Mark

http://wiltedroses.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/htc-tytn-ii.jpg

It shocks me how so many people dont know what these are. Completely another level from the iphone N95 etc etc...

I know what they are..

Hardly another level from the iPhone.. Windows Mobile is dreadful in terms of UI experience. The onscreen keyboard is useless without a stylus on most.. and the ones with a keyboard are just massive.

They're OK.. but they aren't at the level of the iPhone. ;)

Go cry to your momma!
HTC touch if you're after a good on screen keyboard - and a slightly better UI

they are working on a better UI for Win'Mo 7....that's the only thing it lags behind the iphone on.

The iphone doesnt even have MMS =|

Go cry to your momma!
as an update yes...the 3g iphone isn;t being shipped with it.

this is an ever lasting argument, but in my book Win'Mo will always prevail.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Win Mo is s**t.

MMS is an update on win mo to, its never been native.

HTC touch if you're after a good on screen keyboard - and a slightly better UI
|

The HTC Touch was possibly the worse phone I've ever owned and used.
I had it 4 months before I just couldn't carry on, so bought a Razr2 V8 instead..

Keyboard was rubbish. UI was rubbish. Phone was rubbish. Everything was utter rubbish.

There, how's that for a review. :p

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
they are working on a better UI for Win'Mo 7....that's the only thing it lags behind the iphone on.

That and the fact that it's utter crap under the hood. If you've ever done any Windows mobile development you'll know how utterly crap it is....it still brings me out in cold sweats.