ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New owner of a V6.

cat171

ClioSport Club Member
I wish I'd have got them for mine (my car's still standard, even down to the cassette player lol!!)

moktabe

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 V6
All done and what a difference!

He took the car out for about 15 mins and on return he thought the steering wasn't reacting quickly enough and felt the alignment was out.

The rebound settings on the rear were 2 clicks out from one side to the other. He recommended a full alignment and then live with it for a week or so then would see about corner weighting.

Explained how I wanted the car to feel like a track car rather than have a fast road set up.

5 hours later having watched how accurately he was re setting LHS to RHS it's like a different car, steering is pinpoint ( although to me it was fine before ), car still rides very firmly yet any slight hint of crashiness has gone and the car now sits with a small amount of negative camber on each wheel.

Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
All done and what a difference!

He took the car out for about 15 mins and on return he thought the steering wasn't reacting quickly enough and felt the alignment was out.

The rebound settings on the rear were 2 clicks out from one side to the other. He recommended a full alignment and then live with it for a week or so then would see about corner weighting.

Explained how I wanted the car to feel like a track car rather than have a fast road set up.

5 hours later having watched how accurately he was re setting LHS to RHS it's like a different car, steering is pinpoint ( although to me it was fine before ), car still rides very firmly yet any slight hint of crashiness has gone and the car now sits with a small amount of negative camber on each wheel.
Would you mind posting your final alignment specs?

moktabe

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 V6
Only slightly off subject....

After packing it all in 2.5 yrs ago, have done a couple of bits...

2yrs ago back in London for a week with an Arab Sheikha and said never again.
2yrs ago worked on the womens CWC and said never again.
2 months ago worked on the mens CWC and said never again.
Tonight on a ferry to Holland dropping a few off who shouldn't be in the country, daft money so NOT saying never again...could be a quite regular trip.

How old is too old?
:D

Hxrry

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno Orange 182
Lovely looking car! I can't believe not found this thread sooner :(