ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New on K-tec for all u fans - 182 ORBISOUD STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST

SLK 350
Wish they had some sort of outlet in the UK, i cant find anywhere on the net that stocks the 172 Orbisoud exhaust they offer.

Mint exhausts though!

you'd need to cut out the wheel well to fit it to a 172 so i think the manifold is less of a worry ;) the downpipe could be modded to fit a 172.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Yeah, lovely exhaust that, sounds great if you can live with the volume :)

As Loony says, I expect it to be pretty expensive though.

Turbos.
Cheers Loony, i edited my post there as you can see. If it was a race exhaust i'd want it defo even if i had problems but it looks a bit pansy to me!

i can live with the volume, i had the supersprint race system on the 172 i just dont think it will come in at sub £900.

Rich, you'll want the H&R's too after monday ;)

Turbos.
Never mind...

he line adapts directly on the outlet side of the collector. The catalyst 400 cells of origin is replaced by a catalyst 200 cells, a point of disassembling is envisaged at the place of the bridge facilitates the assembly of the unit. The silencer results from the lines entered competition CLIO cup diameter 60 and left 2x diameter 45, ends of exit diameter 92 adapt perfectly to the spoiler. This line takes along a profit of power of 10 the CV flexibility of the engine is astonishing felted sonority with low mode becomes extremely tempting in the turns while remaining in very acceptable standards. The line is provided with mounting plates for the silencer and of silent reinforced blocks.

Focus ST
cliobuyer said:
Doesn't looks like the race exhaust, massive backbox and looks like a silencer nearer the front?

I did some research into this a while back as I was tempted to buy the system directly from Orbisoud in France.

It's a 100cell cat near the front which is much more free flowing than the original item, but it should still pass MOT when the time comes.

The single silencer at the back is a better design than the twin silencer design of the original system.

It comes with two 'loudness' options, think the quieter was around 86dB iirc.

Orbisoud claim a power gains of around 10PS.

Orbisoud quoted me 915Euros for 1 exhaust, or 763 Euros in a group buy, minimum of 10 exhausts so it will be interesting to how K-Tec price it.

Good to see someone importing it.

*Edit* Fabien from Orbisoud wrote to me twice, both times confirming it was a 100cell cat even though the website says 200.

clio 200 F4Rt
not bad, i suspect the BTB will still be better, and if people are willing to spend that on an orbisound, then they wont have a propblem spending on a BTB!

lol, im not surprised tbh. £600 and i'd be tempted but that takes the piss. Prospeed could probably knock out the same at around half the price.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Yep, my prospeed system which is a similar design (but with 1 pipe leaving the box splitting into 2 tail pipes) plus a decat pipe was exactly half that price.

Obviously the sports cat would add a bit more to the cost but would still be a fair bit cheaper.

The oribisoud is very nice but just a bit too expensive for me.

Focus ST
That's expensive, but not ridiculous considering it's imported and incorporates a sports cat. They claim a power gain of 10bhp on the Orbisoud website. Cliosport members should also get a discount with K-Tec shouldn't they?

Anyone still got the vid of the 182 with this system that was posted a while back? Sounded mint.