ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New New MacBook Pro

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
But they only just updated it very recently didn't they?

I've pre-ordered the new Surface Pro.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The same laptop but with the Kaby Lake processors isn't it? So 5% speed bump over Skylake.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I'm keen to see their modular Mac Pro. Not that I'll be buying one but interested to see just how modular they make it, and how ridiculously expensive it'll be lol.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Wow!! And it only costs.... FLOL!! you idiots don't actually pay that do you?
I pay it and it doesn't make me an idiot.

1) I'm richer than you so money isn't the issue for me as it clearly is for you.
2) I have my machine on, literally 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year round and I will only get a new machine every 3 or 4 years. Any other make would have broken after 6 months. I know because I've tried...
3) My guess is that you've never owned an Apple Laptop.

XX

I pay it and it doesn't make me an idiot.
*snigger*

1) I'm richer than you so money isn't the issue for me as it clearly is for you.
Yes you do seem to be quite well conditioned
2) I have my machine on, literally 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year round and I will only get a new machine every 3 or 4 years. Any other make would have broken after 6 months. I know because I've tried...
Jesus! That long??? That... Is... Amazing...
Oh yes I am sure it would of course
3) My guess is that you've never owned an Apple Laptop.
Well obviously, given my lower yearly income

#peasantstatus

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I was gonna buy on when they came out, however waiting times for the spec I wanted was just mental so ended up building myself a PC.

Still go through phases when I really want one but that ship has definitely sailed.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
My work laptop is nearly coming up for replacement, currently my choice is going to be a nicely specced Dell XPS 15 or a MBP. I pretty much have to go for the Dell, because the Mac doesn't come with more than 16Gb of RAM and I need a loooot of RAM for some of the work I do.

I am hoping and praying they do a 32Gb option, because then I can get the company to spring for one for me without any hassle..... c'mon Apple..... 32Gb in 2017 isn't too much to ask is it?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My work laptop is nearly coming up for replacement, currently my choice is going to be a nicely specced Dell XPS 15 or a MBP. I pretty much have to go for the Dell, because the Mac doesn't come with more than 16Gb of RAM and I need a loooot of RAM for some of the work I do.

I am hoping and praying they do a 32Gb option, because then I can get the company to spring for one for me without any hassle..... c'mon Apple..... 32Gb in 2017 isn't too much to ask is it?

I'm sure I've read/heard that 32Gb is a goer for this year at some point.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Yeah I've heard the same. It's meant to be a very expensive option.

Didn't sound like he was paying. I've not looked into the details as I'm not in the market for one. My 2010 MPB is still more than enough for what I need.

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Announced new ones Think time to upgrade for me!
Also does anyone know if like currys or anywhere will sell off cheaper the 'current' (as in ones released about 6 months ago) as obsv news ones available now same price but better spec?

BMW M4; S1000 RR

A lot of Windows machines are a bit guff, but Microsoft's Surfacebook is an epic machine. Not cheap either mind you.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Announced new ones Think time to upgrade for me!
Also does anyone know if like currys or anywhere will sell off cheaper the 'current' (as in ones released about 6 months ago) as obsv news ones available now same price but better spec?
PC world generally don't sell the latest models straightaway, and places like John Lewis will carry on selling the previous gen for a while, with the benefit they will price match most other places.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it would have been purely through the company, but the configs still max out at 16Gb anyway, so it's all moot. Ho hum.

Tempted by the 10.5" iPad Pro as an upgrade to my three year old Air 2 mind you.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
iOS updates for the iPad do look pretty good to be fair. The missus had an iPad 4 but sold it a couple of years ago... said she's tempted to get another now!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Mine came this week, went for space grey top spec one and upped the ssd to 2TB, f**king expensive but it's a nice machine. My 17" lasted 7 years so if this does the same.......

Had to wait 5 weeks for the thing as it was custom, but saved £700 buying it through work which nearly paid for the ssd upgrade.

Amazing how they get all that spec into the body, it's so thin compared to my old one.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Mine came this week, went for space grey top spec one and upped the ssd to 2TB, f**king expensive but it's a nice machine. My 17" lasted 7 years so if this does the same.......

Had to wait 5 weeks for the thing as it was custom, but saved £700 buying it through work which nearly paid for the ssd upgrade.

Amazing how they get all that spec into the body, it's so thin compared to my old one.
2tb... Wow you must have a lot of p**n!

I've got space grey too. Like the colour so far!!

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Bit off-topic I know, but new work laptop has arrived and I'm really pleased with it. Unless OSX is a big driver for you definitely check out the Dell XPS 15, it's not quite as nice as the MBP in terms of that "quality feel" but it's very, very close and the screen is incredible - 4k touchscreen with superb contrast and colour. I definitely don't feel like I've been shortchanged, plus 32Gb of RAM.... yay......