ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New motor comes sunday what alarm

What alarm should i get, i want a very good one with Immob and that, theres a lot of thefts round my way and need 2 feel secure...Dont want to spend loadsa $$$.........What kinda thing should i look for...

I no it sounds stupid but i want one that makes a wicked beep noise lol...

Concept 300?

I have one.. with the Perimiter protection module added on.. very cool - if you go near it, it chirps to warn ya..

Id recommend it anyway! Full CAT1, and even if yer insurance company doesnt care (like mine) at least you know its protected well.

Daz.

Ok, how much is this Daz?

Also, if it chirps when your near it, wouldnt it constantly chirp on the high road if youd parked up and people kept walking by?

No, I mean the Concept 300.. heh

If people walk that close to your car, they are likely scratching it.. which isnt good.

Alfa Mito 155TB

75% of clifford car alarm owners are happy...other25% have various problems or uncertainties.

I would go for the Toad A1606 cat. 1 alarm myself....it works as it says it does with little fuss and gimicks which cliffords have.

If a thief wants to smash into your car, the alarm will not stop them

Its all down to the installation - get a good installer, and I think Clifford are the best.

As for closeness, depends how you set it.. 1m if you like.. mines probably 6inches from the bodywork.. not entirely sure.

You have to remember tho, it emits a circle ball.. so if you want the bonnet and boot protecting.. then it has to be quite high and sides will go off easily. Where I have mine, is just about right - you can ask the installer tho to set it how you like!

im gettin mine for £350 fitted with a few extra bits, i get a good discount tho not sue what it is normally daz can probably tell ya

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

Is that the genuine price for Cat 1 alarms with fitting costs these days? £300ish?

Cos im intrested in doing a bit of research for when i get my Clio next month. You can never be too safe tbh.

i no motor world does the concept 300 for £400 an fitted but i got staff discount so got it for about 350 im just waitin for the guy to come out an install it now

i ordered a £200 toad alarm which i was recommended and wen i got there they sold it, so they fitted me a £300 clifford (xtreme harlow)

It wont tho, cus it only beeps on moving objects.. and, if a car is that close.. it shouldnt be there, at all - how are they going to get in and out?!

Rtec clifford concept £300 fitted! their installer is a very slow old guy rated as one of the top 3 installers in the country, definitely worth a look!

Personally i would get a toad alarm, never been too keen on the clifford ones although they are a good make.

Ensure who ever fits the alarm does a bloody good job! and that generally means taking it some where to get done.. dont care what you say but you cant turn up on someones door step and proffesionally fit a car alarm! It takes time, quality, and a nice warm garage:D