ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New MOT Additions (ATTENTION: All with removed headlight washers!)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
So an aftermarket steering wheel would be a failure?

I asked my local MOT place the same question, they said alot of the MOT additions get revised as they are often unworkable.

They said as far as they're concerned if you have a steering wheel fitted and it's airbag is faulty it's a fail,
if they had a car in with an aftermarket steering wheel they'd more than likely pass it,
as in their opinion something can't be faulty if it's not there. (As long as the airbag light isn't on)

I'll see if thiey stick to that interpretaion come January when the new rules come into effect.

172 Race Car
Wow didnt know that alot of cs members have dodgy M.O.Ts. I personally wouldnt do one as you can get fuked for it and loose ya job.
This...

Never did a dodgy one and never would. Not done any for nearly 10 years and dont miss it. hated doing rusty old shitters

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
my last rusty old shitter, 1989 fiesta 1.1 took me two hours to mot, i was so fooked, i was literally pulling bits of floor and sill off, i hate doing mots tbh as your opinion can be totaly differnt from anothers

172 Race Car
Worst I did was an old Beetle. Spent 2 hours on it and abandonded the test as id filled 2 failure sheets already. Swept most of the car into the bin and drove what was left back outside for the customer to come and collect. The bloke drove it home. I told him it wasnt safe for me to drive out of the workshop.