ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New MOT Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Ph2 Clio 172
So, has anyone so far put an RS Clio though an MOT since Jan 1st with any of the following:

Headlight washers on HID cars not working
Headlight washers on HID cars removed completely
Steering wheel replaced with an after market one with no airbag
Airbag light on
Fixed back bucket seats
Fixed to the foor bucket seats
Harnesses and standard seatbelts
Harnesses with standard seatbelts removed
No spare wheel (172's)

Or any of the other potential issues the new rules threw up.

What was the outcome?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Already a thread about this somewhere, they are advisories until end of this month when rules kick in properly iirc

Ph2 Clio 172
My main concerns are HID washers not working and steering wheels without airbags (but with light off).

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
had the golf MOTd obviously its a bit different because of its age but it had no spare wheel as the battrey is in there now

Clio sport 182
The mot station where i take all my customers cars has said that part of the new rules is that there must be no lights on the dash board for it to get a pass!!
I think the mot's are starting to get daft tbh... I understand safety but like on a bmw you might have a faulty pad wear light and that now gets you a fail!

Ph2 Clio 172
Yeah its a generalisation, but I can kind of see why. After all, some lights are serious.

But its the things about 'no airbag fitted' and stuff I'm not sure about. If you fit an after market wheel and the resistor to get rid of the light is that enough, or is the fact it left the factory with an airbag and now doesn't have one enough for a fail?

Same goes for headlight washers. If they are there and now working I think thats a fail, but if there removed all together what does that mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.