ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi all,

Just joined up, although not got a Clio yet I have one in the pipeline haha. I do own a 5 GT Turbo so I have a Renault.

I have the opportunity to buy a Mk1 Clio 1.2 oasis (don't laugh) only done 48k and is solid. My plan is to drop an F4r engine in. Hence why I joined for the advice and help.

So if any of you know of a build thread or any info that would help id appreciate it.

Cheers
Higgy

Nil presently.
Hi all,

Just joined up, although not got a Clio yet I have one in the pipeline haha. I do own a 5 GT Turbo so I have a Renault.

I have the opportunity to buy a Mk1 Clio 1.2 oasis (don't laugh) only done 48k and is solid. My plan is to drop an F4r engine in. Hence why I joined for the advice and help.

So if any of you know of a build thread or any info that would help id appreciate it.

Cheers
Higgy

Welcome buddy.

With respect to the engine transplant idea, in my personal opinion what makes an RS Clio so formidable isn't the power alone, which, relatively speaking isn't massive, it's the suspension set up and handling. Obviously sticking a F4R in a 1.2 shell would give you a huge increase in power, but whether that could be properly applied without a decent suspension set up is another question.

If you keep your eyes peeled on for sale section you'll find a plethora of loved 172/182's for extremely reasonable money (I was contemplating a PH1 172 last month on the market for £1700 with good service history and relatively low miles).

Regardless of what you decide to do, keep us informed, you'll find tons of useful information on here :)

Welcome buddy.

With respect to the engine transplant idea, in my personal opinion what makes an RS Clio so formidable isn't the power alone, which, relatively speaking isn't massive, it's the suspension set up and handling. Obviously sticking a F4R in a 1.2 shell would give you a huge increase in power, but whether that could be properly applied without a decent suspension set up is another question.

If you keep your eyes peeled on for sale section you'll find a plethora of loved 172/182's for extremely reasonable money (I was contemplating a PH1 172 last month on the market for £1700 with good service history and relatively low miles).

Regardless of what you decide to do, keep us informed, you'll find tons of useful information on here :smile:

Thanks for the advice and I appreciate your comments. As with any extra power upgrades, suspension and brakes would be totally reviewed and changed.
If I wanted a 172 I would have bought one and tbh I wasn't looking for another car. I was offered the Mk1 at a steal so took the Mk1 as a project for me and my son. Like we have done on the GTT.
Thanks again for the advice

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Welcome

A Trackday mk1 with a 197 or 182 engine would be cool. Someone has done it before I believe.