ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Member in Glasgow...172 Cup....track advice appreciated

172 cup
Hello all.Got a couple of 172 cups that we are slowly turning into track cars.

Already got brakes, exhausts and springs sorted....but was thinking of 15 inch wheels.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with best 15" wheel and tyre option..

Also met a few guys at Knockhill on Saturday 19th just there...good guys and good to see the level they have their cars at....we are still miles off that but will get there.

Thanks folks

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I would look at something like pro race 1.2's as a light strong track wheel , most of us that go to knockhill run Yoko A048 tyres.
I was up in the blue cup with carbon bonnet.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Alright guys, welcome!

As Neil said, we run A048 Yoko semi-slicks and love them. As for 15" wheels, any 15's will do tbh.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Think i may have been talking to you when trying to sort the exhaust mount.

Keep an eye out on here you should get a set of 15's for about £300/500 with tyres.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
FLOL @ 300/500.. You'll get a set of 15's for £100 mate. Once you've sorted a set of wheels, PM me on here and I'll sort you some tyres.

How ow did the exhaust hold up after I fixed it? ;)

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
My Cup on its £100 (with tyres) Speedline Vega's (Mk1 Valver wheels). You could buy a set of Renault Laguna 15" steelies and they'd do the job.

92B20EF5-387A-4F43-B980-A5E49993E9CC_1.jpg

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Welcome to cliosport! Advice about track preping your clio is something there is plenty of on here, also plenty boys to up knockhill which is a bonus

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Show him the pic of all the tyres Maher, he's probably only seen it twice ;)

Welcome along mate, we should manage to take over Knockhill with clios soon!