ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member from SE London

Clio 182
Evening all!

Just recently got home from picking this up from a forum member. Believe the car has been owned by other forum members too. Lovely little car. Hoping to do a few bits and pieces to it and take it on the occasional track days and car shows

1179198F-04B2-4C7A-AAAF-BBB1B1443502.jpeg
87A90EEE-3023-448D-87D3-029B2630BD8C.jpeg

Welcome! Looks just like my old arctic 182 (different plate though). Don't know why I got rid of that car for a boring BMW

Clio 182
Thanks for the welcome guys

Welcome aboard. What's it had done to it so far?

This is what the advert has said it has had done:

Remapped using RS tuner - 98 RON map
Fatty Induction Kit with Ramair filter
Cup dampers around with Eibach sportline springs
Powerflex bushes to: engine upper, gearbox lower, steering rack and exhaust
Yanoo Stiff shifter 3.0
330mm OMP Wheel
Braided brake hose and ATE superblue fluid
KTec Racing Exhaust System
Brembo HC discs and Ferodo pads front and genuine Renault rear
Skoda splitter

Thanks for the welcome guys

This is what the advert has said it has had done:

Remapped using RS tuner - 98 RON map
Fatty Induction Kit with Ramair filter
Cup dampers around with Eibach sportline springs
Powerflex bushes to: engine upper, gearbox lower, steering rack and exhaust
Yanoo Stiff shifter 3.0
330mm OMP Wheel
Braided brake hose and ATE superblue fluid
KTec Racing Exhaust System
Brembo HC discs and Ferodo pads front and genuine Renault rear
Skoda splitter

Sounds like you’re sorted already with all those mods!

Clio 182
Sounds like you’re sorted already with all those mods!

Yeah. Goes pretty well. Used to have a Mk4 Ibiza Cupra (around 230bhp). Is completely different to drive. The power in the Cupra was a lot lower (around 2500-3000rpm) whereas this is seems to be around 5000rpm (can feel the power band kick in) so got to get used to giving it some more gas!

Yeah. Goes pretty well. Used to have a Mk4 Ibiza Cupra (around 230bhp). Is completely different to drive. The power in the Cupra was a lot lower (around 2500-3000rpm) whereas this is seems to be around 5000rpm (can feel the power band kick in) so got to get used to giving it some more gas!

Yep they're totally different aren't they. I've driven, and owned, a few cars with the 1.8T and they are effortless to go fast in yet leave you underwhelmed with the driving experience.

You've noticed the 5k kick then ;) I understand that it's not the VVT but fuelling that causes this. If you get it mapped, it smoothes out the powerband and increases the rev limit to 7500

Clio 182
Yep they're totally different aren't they. I've driven, and owned, a few cars with the 1.8T and they are effortless to go fast in yet leave you underwhelmed with the driving experience.

You've noticed the 5k kick then ;) I understand that it's not the VVT but fuelling that causes this. If you get it mapped, it smoothes out the powerband and increases the rev limit to 7500

Yeah, they where very easy to drive, proper lift steering compared to the 182.

Car has already got a remap already so should have the increase Rev limiter. No issues with the get up and go with it....just getting used to it. Finding the steering wheel sits a bit high for my liking. Dropped it down as low as it can go but has an OMP wheel on it and I think that is making it sit slightly higher

Yeah, they where very easy to drive, proper lift steering compared to the 182.

Car has already got a remap already so should have the increase Rev limiter. No issues with the get up and go with it....just getting used to it. Finding the steering wheel sits a bit high for my liking. Dropped it down as low as it can go but has an OMP wheel on it and I think that is making it sit slightly higher

Ah yeah I forgot you've got the RS tuner map. Yeah they're very revvy and not much torque but pull well to the redline and don't have much weight to shift either :)

Yeah the steering wheel position is far from ideal in these cars. I'm unsure what you can do about that but I'm sure someone on this forum has some ideas as there are plenty of experts on here.