ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member - First clio collected last night

e34, 172, Radical
Hello! Picked up this last night so thought I'd post up some details and a couple of pics:-

It's a 2003 clio 172, with the following extra parts:-

6-Point Safety Devices roll cage (matte black) with double diagnoal cross bars and harness bars in the rear
Battery cut offs (internal and external)
Carbon fibre cd player blank
Odyssey extreme battery relocated to passenger back footwell
Polycarbonate windows front and rear quarters
Itg panel filter
Magnecor ignition leads
Brembo HC front discs
Ferodo DS3000 pads on the front
Goodridge braided lines all round
ATE super blue brake fluid
Bilstein B14 coilovers
AST adjustable top mounts
Eibach camber bolts
Rear camber shims
Oreca group N race exhaust system (full Decat)
Team dynamics pro race 1.2 15" wheels
Toyo R888's
TRS front and rear tow straps
Striped out interior and lightened doors
Cobra bucket seat on OMP rail
Sabelt 3" 6-point safety devices harness

clio172_01.jpg

clio172_02.jpg

Does anyone know how often do the cambelts should be changed on these, the belts were done at 56k but the car's now on 73k. Also is it worth uprating the rear brakes? I've not driven it properly to gauge what the brake balance is like, it's got new std disks and pads on the back.

I'm up in Scotland, Dundee area.

Cheers,

Dunc.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Welcome, nice little track car you've bought there.

My advice on the rear brakes - keep them standard, the clio is so light (especially stripped like yours) and does most of its braking through the front. I have the same braking set up (but with DS2500s not DS3000s) and it is more than capable of stopping it on road and track. A few of the race teams and most of the more focused track dayers on here run standard rear brakes.

Oli

e34, 172, Radical
My advice on the rear brakes - keep them standard, the clio is so light (especially stripped like yours) and does most of its braking through the front. I have the same braking set up (but with DS2500s not DS3000s) and it is more than capable of stopping it on road and track. A few of the race teams and most of the more focused track dayers on here run standard rear brakes.

Oli

That's good enough for me, thanks Oli!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
cam belt needs changing every 70K or every 5 years, whichever comes first. Aux belt needs changing every 30K at least; if they snap they tend to take out the cam belt as well and thus... BANG. Cam belt to do be done by specailists only with proper locking tools.

172 cup
tidy, u not far from me im just across the bridge, this getting used on road and track? lots of goodies u get it at good price?

e34, 172, Radical
Cheers for the welcomes, used on the road and it was a sensible price but since all the tuning parts on it were bought new fairly recently it increased the value a decent bit.

Just noticed it's got a cliosport.net tax disk holder too, so must have been on here at some point!

Cheers,

Dunc.

Edit - Oh and anyone local got a spare wheel bolt lol!?

Last edited: